dissapointed need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
Ok so i finished my 94 b18b into my 93 civic and i finally got to the track tonight. I was hoping to at least get into the 16's but i had five runs that all ranged from 17.55 to 17.66. I think that a stock integra ls should get faster than that and i weigh a bit less than a stock ls. I was thinking that in the 1/4 mile i could get like a 16.4 with a good launch and a 16.8 with a bad lauch. But i had ok launches all night and thats all i got. So i was wondering if good launches could get me to where i want or does it sound like my engine doesnt have the power that is is supossed to have.

Thanks for any help.

Ben

Even so my bro has and 89 civic with a zc swap and he knows how to launch and everything, but the last time that he went to the track he was getting like 16.5 with a slipping clutch. I think i should atleast be able to duplicate that, right?

Ben

An 89 civic hatch with a ZC swap is faster than a stock LS.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 28 2003, 05:15 AM
your in denver
you have no air
everything is slower up there

Yeah, if you turbo it you might just get into the 16s. Air isn't as dense higher up in the mountains, therefore your engine is working twice as hard to pull the same air in.

Dude, the fastest I ever ran up here in Denver with my swap was a low-mid 16. Stock ITR's don't do much better than that. And I only hit a 17.8 with the old stupid shitty crappy F22B1.

I guess so. I guess i also dont know what kind of hp and torque a zc puts out cause from what ive seen their specs are lower than a b18b but now i guess not. Although i know my brothers car does have a better redline so that may help to get a better time.

Ben

change your altitude, simply put and keep practicing.

there is also a rough calculation on what you would more than likely run and it enters your altitude into the formulation, do a search and you should find it.

Milan

I dont want to go with NOS. I want something to be fast driving around not just on the track. So i probably will be going with a turbo but i spent my saved money on my engine so now im broke.

Ben

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Aug 29 2003, 04:09 AM
i only said naws because youre car's not getting much oxygen. nos = oxygen :nod:

Nawwwwwwwwwwwz

A turbo will help too.

Think i am gonna go and get my car dyno tested for the horsepower and torque just to see if my engine is putting out what it is claimed or near it. What do you think?

Ben

Move...(JOKE)...get it dynoed...most LS motors are in the 140hp at the FLY...chasis dyno should reveal about 20 less than that...depending on how much HP is really lost on its way to the wheels...on the TURBO thoughts...look on CUSTOM turbo pages...you can get a good set up by looking around and buying parts seperate...Good Motor choice for TURBO also...seen several DOHC VTEC motors spike when the VTEC engages and lose precious HP for a second or 2...of course electronics can fix that...but hey...thats another story..

Back