distributor question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

snozepp147

ok i have a question about my swap: its a jdm b16a obd1 going into a 98 civic ex obd2. the engine came with an obd1 dizzy from a 92-95 integra which is obvious because the motor is out of a 90-93 jdm teg. the guy who sold me the motor included a brand new dizzy from a 96-00 gsr (obd2). so my question is can i use the gsr obd2 dizzy with the jdm b16a obd1 swap and just rewire some stuff to make it work. i'm using a obd2-obd1 conversion harness for the ecu so it will technically be running on a p28 obd1 ecu.

spark notes: can i run an obd2 dizzy with a obd1 ecu and just rewire it to work?

Yes, if you're using your OBD2 harness, use the OBD2 dizzy and then just use the conversion harness to jump it to OBD1 for the ECU.

johnercivic said:
Yes, if you're using your OBD2 harness, use the OBD2 dizzy and then just use the conversion harness to jump it to OBD1 for the ECU.

so i wouldn't have to re-pin the dizzy plug? just plug it into the obd2 harness?

yep...just bolt the obd2 dizzy on the motor and plug er in

Back