Distributor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skylineboy

Will a 98 gsr distributor fit onto a 95 gsr. I think my 95 gsr distributor is bad. Are there going to be any harness difference?

lick your pinky finger then stick it in one of the holes, if u get shocked try another, if you get shocked 4times then its good

NO, the 98 distributer will have to be modified. The wiring harness is OBD2 and yours is OBD1.

TO TEST:

If it is off of the motor, Plug it up turn the key over twice and go around under the hood. Where the distributer lines up with the cam shaft, spin it with your fingers and see if it sparks four times. Becareful not to get shocked and you will hear it fire. When I did this I removed the Spark Plugs, cause it is not good for them to fire with out a ground or attachted to the plug.

If it is still on the motor, pull out ea. plug indiv. and lay a screw driver on the chasis and the other end contacting the plug wire and spin it over. Don't crank it just spin it over. If it sparks on all four plugs it is good.

Back