distridutor help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GRUVVIES FRINK

can some one tell me how to wire an h23 od1 distridutor in to an obd2 f22 harness
ne help will be appreciated and a pic is worth a thousand words

you install the h23 obd1 distributor where the h22a jdm distributor went and plug in the two wire (blue and black/yellow wire) plug because those are always the same. now the other plug an 8 wire plug has to be rewired.

hopefully your h22a jdm motor came w/ a hacked up engine harness. w/ the 8pin plug sometimes 7 pin plug already on it. cut that off and try to get as much wire as possible. im talking almost to the very end, this wire are insulated and ground shielded which is helpful. then on your old h22a4 obd2 motor cut the 4 wire plug coming from the tbelt cover from the crank position and tdc sensors. your now going to splice these to plugs together.

ckp OBD2 harness grey plug--------------------------to the obd1 distributor plug 8 wire plug
red --------------------------------------------------------------white/blue top dead center senor TDC "M"
green----------------------------------------------------------- orange/blue top dead conter sensor TDC "P"
white------------------------------------------------------------white Crank angle sensor CYP "M"
blue-------------------------------------------------------------blue/green Crank position sensor "P"

obd2 engine harness side at distributor to obd1 distributor plug 8 wire plug
black --------------------------------------------------------------blue/yellow crank position ckp "M"
yellow--------------------------------------------------------------orange Crank angle sensor cyp
yellow/green------------------------------------------------------yellow/green ignition control module
thicker green(found right next to yellow/green)------------------------green ignition control module

now the car can start LOL. hope this helps.

thanks for the help but i do not have an h22 i have an obd2 f22 block that has a crank sensor on it and i am going to run a obd1 h23 head and i have to use the lower timing belt sprocket off of the h23 and it does not have the pick up for the crank sensor and i am running the obd2 wire harness and a obd2 distributor... i think? and i am running a po6 obd1 ecu any help will be appreciated. thanks!

Back