Dizzying question (and other swap issues)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMFantasy2k

HA^

Yeah i know this has probably been posted 439843 times, but i can't find it.

I'm new (check the lonuge for my intro), and i have an 00 civic ex, working on putting an SiR 2 swap in it. Got a pretty good idea about what's going on aside from the distributor. What wires go where exactly?

What about the alternator, i noticed the plugs are different? Just swap connectors i'm assuming? Also the front transmission mount is different correct? And i'll need 94-01 integra axles correct?

Quoted post[/post]]
HA^

I'm new (check the lonuge for my intro), and i have an 00 civic ex, working on putting an SiR 2 swap in it. Got a pretty good idea about what's going on aside from the distributor. What wires go where exactly?

What about the alternator, i noticed the plugs are different? Just swap connectors i'm assuming? Also the front transmission mount is different correct? And i'll need 94-01 integra axles correct?
Yes you will need 94+ axles.
The front tranny mount CAN bolt up from the D Series, just isn't the "correct" one, it will hold 2/3 bolts though.
No idea on the Dizzy/alternator wiring for reverse obd.

well since ur car is obd2b and ur motor is SIR2 which im guessin is a jdm b16 2nd gen OBD1....r u gonna stay obd2 or obd1

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
HA^

The front tranny mount CAN bolt up from the D Series, just isn't the "correct" one, it will hold 2/3 bolts though.

ok i thought that was the case, i can live with that

Quoted post[/post]]
well since ur car is obd2b and ur motor is SIR2 which im guessin is a jdm b16 2nd gen OBD1....r u gonna stay obd2 or obd1

yeah it's JDM yo. Umm i think i'm just gonna convert it to OBD 1 for the time being because i plan on running the stock ecu, and then a chipped P28 once i boost it. But i heard keeping my engine harness is the way to go. Luckily i have an ecu conversion harness but i don't know what to do about the rest of it.

ok since ur gonna conver a obd2 car to obd1 then you would need a obd2b to obd1 jumper harness, obd1 ecu, obd2 alternator,99-00 Si rear L bracket and driver side bracket, u can use the EX civic injectors...everything else like the shift linkage and axles from the b16 should fit...since its a EX modle with vtec already u dont need to hook it up just might have to extend it...u can run 1 o2 sensor instead of 2...wire up the knock sensor....the distirbutor i here diff. stories but i suggest just use the b16 distributor and make a obd2 to obd1 dizzy conversion harness...there might be a few plugs that wont be plugged up bcuzz obd2 car uses more sensors on it then obd1 cars..i think that should help you out alittle

Quoted post[/post]]
ok since ur gonna conver a obd2 car to obd1 then you would need a obd2b to obd1 jumper harness, obd1 ecu, obd2 alternator,99-00 Si rear L bracket and driver side bracket, u can use the EX civic injectors...everything else like the shift linkage and axles from the b16 should fit...since its a EX modle with vtec already u dont need to hook it up just might have to extend it...u can run 1 o2 sensor instead of 2...wire up the knock sensor....the distirbutor i here diff. stories but i suggest just use the b16 distributor and make a obd2 to obd1 dizzy conversion harness...there might be a few plugs that wont be plugged up bcuzz obd2 car uses more sensors on it then obd1 cars..i think that should help you out alittle

i already have an OBD conversion harness from when i was running my P28 w/crome. Plus i have the ecu for the motor, and i was under the impression that i could change the plug on the civic wiring harness to the plug for the OBD1 alternator. Also, i believe the y8 has a knock sensor, and the dizzy i'm just gonna re wire. Think thats it...

when i did my i needed to wire the alternator.

by the way,i have the rear mount you need,if so.

how did you re wire the altenator? i'm assuming you just took the plug for it, and repinned the stock plug to fit (or somehting similar?)

Yes i need the transmission T bracket. Name your price

Back