do i live in a crappy area or what?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97civic

Let me go on a rant here for a minute. I was at a car dealership this morning just looking around. This guy came out and was like you being helped. I said no. Let me first set this up more, so you get a general idea. I had not slept all night cause i had to take my ex-girlfriend to school. (don't ask long story) I had not showered, my hair was a mess, and I was dressed with some stuff that I just threw on. Now back to my rant. I was asking this guy about the evo's. He said the only one they had was in the showroom. I was like ok and was asking him about used ones. He said they only get them new. So I asked what they were asking for it. He said between 32 to 36 k. I was like well break that down into monthly payments. He said he just had a customer in that had a down payment of 15k. He had good credit and his monthly payment was like 480 for 5 years. (fuzzy math) I let that go. Then I said that I thought the price might have gone down cause the MR was out now. Also the evo 9 was coming out soon. He said no and then said that they sell the mrs for 4000 over list. I said jokingly that maybe if I start saving now I can get one in five years. He pats me on the shoulder says ok well have a nice day and shuts the door on me. Now what I'm saying is that normal precedure? To give bad info on pricing, and treat me like I'm a bum. Just cause I'm not dressed in a suit. Also to just leave when there isn't a right then and there sale. Do i live in a crappy area? Because this is not the first time this is happened to me.

throw a brick through their window with a note that says "leave the evo outside with the keys in it or bad things will happen"

really tho can you afford the evo? just think about all the punk kids that comes up to him and ask about the evo that cant afford it.

ifyoutalkanythinglikeyoutypeiwouldhavedonethesamethingyoushouldreallylearnhowotouseperiodsandshit

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 4 2005, 10:21 AM
ifyoutalkanythinglikeyoutypeiwouldhavedonethesamethingyoushouldreallylearnhowotouseperiodsandshit
[post=456379]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck yeah, that was hard to read. My eyeballs hurt now.

Terribly sorry chap. I will remember from now on to use punctuation. Taking into account that i have not slept in over 24 hours, I think i did a pretty good job. Thank you very much. (My main focus was spelling sorry) lol

I went when I was looking at new Cars to replace my Beater Olds.. I went to a Mazda Dealer and looked at the Mazda 3's.. I drove up in the beater Olds and noone helped me.. So I yelled "CAN I GET SOME HELP PLEASE".. I told them I liked the 3's and I told him I work at a shop that does alot of work for them.. Then he asked are you actually serious in buying this car or just wasting time.

So I pakced up and walked right out.. Drove down the Street and Bought a Brand New Lancer from the nicest sales Lady I have ever met.. I was actually just driving through the lot and she stopped me and asked if there was anything interested in..

I told her.. I want that one.. And I need it by tonight.. :) And I had it by tonight.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 4 2005, 01:21 PM

:lmao:

I was thinking the same exact thing. Puncuation works wonders. :p

Ok. There you go. All the capitalization and punctuation to make everyone happy. Now if someone goes into my grammar issuses, I don't know what I will do. lol

go to the manager with as much cash as you can find in nice cloths and be like i was going to put this down the other day but your associate gave me wrong info and treated me like homless bum. see if he keeps his job

suprisingly thats never happened to me. and i am the kid that goes in, wastes time, and test drives cars i cant afford.

Originally posted by dveit+Feb 4 2005, 10:30 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 4 2005, 01:21 PM

:lmao:

I was thinking the same exact thing. Puncuation works wonders. :p
[post=456398]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe he thinks periods were only for women?

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Feb 4 2005, 03:19 PM
suprisingly thats never happened to me. and i am the kid that goes in, wastes time, and test drives cars i cant afford.
[post=456508]Quoted post[/post]​

haha yeah i did that with a Scoobie a while back

s2k, sti, evo. i just tell the guy that my dad is buying me a car for my birthday, and just act like a rich kid.

Were you seriously going to shop for a new car ?

No?

Wasting his Commission time?

Yeah ?

He dropped you because he wanted you gone. I will NEVER defend the actions of a car salesman, but I can understanding where he was coming from. Salesmen can tell if you're serious or not. He felt you out, and decided, perhaps accurately, that his paycheck that week isn't coming from you.

-> Steve

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Feb 4 2005, 03:59 PM
s2k, sti, evo. i just tell the guy that my dad is buying me a car for my birthday, and just act like a rich kid.
[post=456539]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup exactly what i did

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 4 2005, 02:05 PM
Were you seriously going to shop for a new car ?

No?

Wasting his Commission time?

Yeah ?

He dropped you because he wanted you gone. I will NEVER defend the actions of a car salesman, but I can understanding where he was coming from. Salesmen can tell if you're serious or not. He felt you out, and decided, perhaps accurately, that his paycheck that week isn't coming from you.

-> Steve
[post=456547]Quoted post[/post]​

car salesmen generally know who will and won't buy. so, they turn you to someone else so you stop wasting their time. (and money) which, hell yes, of course i'd do in his situation. not all car salesmen are bad, steve. just the ones who LIE outright are.

i paid invoice on my 05 evo gsr, that guy is nuts. and MR's go for MSRP around here. i love my evo, everyone should have one :)

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 4 2005, 12:15 PM
throw a brick through their window with a note that says "leave the evo outside with the keys in it or bad things will happen"
[post=456367]Quoted post[/post]​

no not bricks, use rocks instead. rocks are funner

Back