Do I need new axles?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uk Civic

I have decided to go for either the B16A2 or B18C4 engine,and i know roughly what i need, but most people say i will need new axles as well. Why is that? I looked at the b18 how to guide at c-speedracing.com and they dont say anything about changing the axles! Help!

You need to new axles, They should come with the B series engine, because the B series utilize a halfshaft from the tranny to the drivers side axles.

Originally posted by civicious@Aug 31 2003, 07:30 PM
get 99-00 Si axles from auto zone. they have a lifetime warranty. can't beat that.

Haahaha..good luck finding 99-00 si axles..man i drove around all freaking day from auto part store to another looking for a shop that had one in stock. Even napa doesnt have them in stock here. A lot of my buddies said to use gsr's im not shure on that but i think u can. But ill stick with wat should go wit the motor.

yeh man i did a swap before and you just wanna use the axles the came with the engine, if you werent lucky enough find some 99-00 si axles, if not get some GSr ones of the sam year, if you still cant get anything go to raxles.com, there pretty good from what i hear.

Back