1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do these FMU Really perform the Same??

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by hondamidnighter, Jul 29, 2004.

1. hondamidnighter

hondamidnighter Senior Member

Im kinda of low on budget and im trying to get a junkyard turbo setup going. And well on Ebay i found these imitation of Vortech FMU. Ebay link FMU . They say the perform the same and throw a 12:1 ratio. (which is i need) I wanted to know what yall guys think of these things?? :blink:

2. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

I don't know theres just something about the word imitation, that doesn't sound too appealing to me.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

its just a vacuum operated seal thinggee... i see no real reason why it won't.

4. tab

tab Super Moderator

I would guess that it should work. Since it's an imitation, I think the lifespan of that unit might very well be less.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

the lifespan of a motor on an fmu is probably less than the fmu anyway :lol:

6. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

if you decide to go with cheap fuel managment, I'd at least go with name brand cheap fuel managment. But in most cases, the brand name/"imitation" stuff both come from the same factory in china anyways. Just different stickers. Thats how you choose name brand vs. non. Find out if the name brand parts really are manufactured in a different place, using better parts etc. Otherwise, they are the same shit as everything else.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted