1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge 1500 revival! - Pics

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by Kanned, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Kanned

Kanned Beast

As few of you know, I joined this site during the revival of an 00 civic LX and have been driving it since. The only problem I have with the gas sipper is that I need a truck for a big part of my everyday life as a redneck. Saving money on gas just isn't in my lifestyle ^_^. So as the casual searching begins, I find this...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4x4 1996 Dodge 1500 extended cab. New tires, newer suspension, damn mint interior, and some other goodies. I drove it home 15 miles, but the transmission didn't enjoy it and the engine has a knock. It also has minor body damage on one corner and could use some fresh paint. Don't mind that hole in the exhaust, lol. All in all, I got a great deal.

So word goes around and I come to find that my uncle had what I was looking for. He fixed up the same truck(Only his was 4x2 single cab), but sold it to a neighbor because it wasn't big enough for him... Typical redneck. The kid he sold it to crashed into a tree in his own front yard 3 months after buying it, lol. So we made a deal and I drove 2 hours north and picked up my new engine/transmission! It started right up and somehow, the kid barely managed to break only the radiator and a few lines. Here she is on the trailer in all her glory...
    [​IMG]
    The bed on this one is in great condition, so I can swap it out if I don't feel like banging the other one out. Since the black truck isn't 4x4, I'll have to use the old transfer case. I'm going to have the case from the 4x4 checked out and if it looks good, I'll just have the shop put it on the "new" tranny for me... I've heard bad stories about messing with that, so I'm going to play it safe.

Progress as of now consists of the black truck stripped down. The bed and seats are ready to go, but I didn't feel like making room yet. The oil on the engine/tranny is old and it seems to be from a slow leak from the valve cover. Going to replace that, the main seal, and maybe the head gasket if I'm feeling rowdy. As for lines and such, double the parts for the win ^_^.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know it's not a Honda, but I hope some of you enjoy this thread as I did other's build threads :). More to come...

-Sean

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

good luck :)

3. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I want that trailer to the right in the last pic.

That trailer + my subaru = all the hauling I could ever need.

4. formby

formby learning in progress

looks like fun... but why not diesel?

5. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

nice! and fuck engine hoists/stands, you got a tire!!!

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

sweet deal. jack it up y0

7. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I'll throw in the bdn response drag that shit. Get some dubs for it and build the engine a little. Don't you already have a truck?

8. Kanned

Kanned Beast

That black trailer to the right in the last pic is 16ft. The only time your Subaru would be attached to it is from the wheels :ph34r:

This truck was pretty cheap and much easier to fix up than a diesel. I don't have the budget or expertise to end up with a nice diesel on my hands. Hmm, I just realized most of my family has diesels and they're what I've been using all the time to haul shit, etc. Good lord, I'm going to need one of those retard stickers that reminds me not to put diesel on my truck out of habit, lol.

Tires FTW!

Thanks for all the praises. It has a ton of clearance already(as the 4x4's come stock), but I'm absolutely positive I'll be craving shittier gas mileage, so a 4" body left and 38" tires may come once it's up and running:rolleyes:

9. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

+1
    drag a 4x4? :no:

10. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

so which one is the project? are you putting the engine and driving the clean one or are you rebuilding the single cab?

11. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

12. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

He's pulling the engine out of the wrecked 2wd, and putting it on the green 4x4. He said he may also swap the clean bed to the green one. It's all there, you just gotta read.

13. Kanned

Kanned Beast

While that would be fun, I think the only project I'm really looking into anytime soon is converting it to manual. We both know it never ends, though. I have no idea what spontaneous stuff I'll do to this thing. Oh, and we have a 92 4x4 Toyota pickup that we have yet to sell because it's great for random bitch work... It's mine whenever I need/want it.

14. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Nice! I work in the service department at a Dodge dealership, so if you need any part numbers or anything looked up, or any other dealer-specific questions or whatnot, don't hesitate to PM me.

15. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

so what ya gonna do with whats left of the 2wd?

16. Kanned

Kanned Beast

While keeping the engine safe, he bent the frame a little:(. The cab is still beautiful though.

Maybe I should make cliff notes.

17. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

thats what i figured, but i was confused when i saw the whole front end of the black one cut off. it looked as if he was going to weld a new front end on it and rebuild it.

18. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Wow, thanks Civicious, I just may take you up on that. It will more than likely be something random, so I'll supply a picture.

BDN, if I manage to still have the frame in my hands down the road, it may get turned into something fun =)

19. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

20. NissanNiNjA2nd

NissanNiNjA2nd Senior Member

[​IMG]

D1 on 12lbs...... itll move.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted