Does anyone know the answer to my question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NSXguy

Will a 2003 honda civic manual transmission that came out of a wrecked civic ex will match a B20B engine ?

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Mar 30 2005, 09:18 PM
no. it will not
[post=480910]Quoted post[/post]​

really ? what kind of manual transmission should I be looking for ? This goes in a 3Gen DX hatchback for AutoX

thanks for your response (although that's not the answer I hoped :D ).

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 30 2005, 09:19 PM
sorry man, but sometimes i just wanna shake the shit out of you
lol
:D
[post=480911]Quoted post[/post]​

why's that ? :lol: I'm with the good guys...

from the refrence section...

D17A2         code
1668          displacement
127@6300             hp
114@4400          torque
9.9:1           compression ratio
75            bore
94.4           stroke
sohc         cams
yes          vtec?
2            obd
2001+ Civic EX

you need a tranny from ANY b series motor... ANY...
if you want the best one for your application i suggest you look in the honda tranny list/specs to determine which gear ratios will work best with your setup...

ie: B20 all motor/or forced induction

and i'm pretty sure you know d goes to d and b goes to b...
we'll consider this a brain fart :D

did you check out the hasport website to see what involved with dropping the b20 in the hatch? thats a tall motor...

and i was just kidding about shaking the shit out of you...
you're here to learn like everyone else :thumbsup:

duh ! :huh:

I thought D series were like older Honda motors but I was wrong. So my next question I guess is, what vehicles the B-series motors went in. I will try to research this myself, but you may want to point me in the right direction :p . I did not see a honda tranny list/specs, it would certainly be helpful.
I knew you were kidding, no offense taken of course. You've been very helpful. thanks :worthy:

Integras from 90 up came with B series engines and trannies, though hydrolic cluctchs started in 94 so...... Also any civic SI with a DOHC engine Not the older civc si's IE hatch backs and crx's, not inless your in japan and are seeing sir's laying around.

yes, you are correct, d series are older civic engines, but it was a good design so they kept it...
newer civis had the D17, not really the same deal as the older D's but a D nonetheless...

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29825

this link is for the motor list...
it tells you which motors came in which cars, what years, and whether they were USDM or JDM...
JDM = pricey and harder to get...
you wanna first look at the code column and look for any B series motor...
of course you have to decide if you want a cable B series trans, which greatly limits your options as any cable b series besides the early integras = JDM...
or if you want to buy the cable->hydro conversion from hasport...
one of their b series kits includes this conversion, and this conversion will open the door for you to use any year hydro trans = a lot more options and better chance of getting one for cheaper...

ignore the late 80's early 90's preludes with B series motors as these are bastard B's the B20 will more than likely NOT bolt to any of the prelude B series trannys

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29829

now this link will take you to a brief synopsis of the gearing for the transmissions...
so once you find one from the above link, and you wanna check to see if it will work for your goals, check the gear ratios and such...

hmotorsonline.com is a good resource for buying motor swaps, they will also be a good source for a cable tranny if you decide to go that route...
cheapest B series will prob be the cable tranny from the early integras, but i dunno if that gearing is what you're looking for... also remember LSD is a nice thing to have... but it costs more...

hasport.com is the place to go for some quality race mounts/shift linkages/cable to hydro conversions, wire harness conversions etc etc etc

they have instructions for every mount kit they make on the website to give you an idea of the work involved, and its always more complicated than it looks lol

you should check the prices for the cable to hydro conversion so you can figure that into your final purchase price of whatever trans you go with...

you're posting faster than I can read :lol:

thanks so much... you're my HondaSwap God :worthy:

oh, and one last thing... my wife now officially hates you ! :p

this thread started out about putting a B20B into a 84-87 civic? hmmm..

Originally posted by brian11to1@Mar 30 2005, 10:44 PM
this thread started out about putting a B20B into a 84-87 civic? hmmm..
[post=480962]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. First post reads:

Will a 2003 honda civic manual transmission that came out of a wrecked civic ex will match a B20B engine ?

where it ends up is irrelevant, as some EP/DC owners might consider doing a B20B swap...

Originally posted by brian11to1@Mar 30 2005, 10:45 PM
and sicne it is... what the fuck is it in teh EP/DC section
[post=480963]Quoted post[/post]​

chill dude, chill...

I posted this thread is this forum section which reads :"2001+ civics" since the question was about matching a 2003 tranny with a B20B.

oh, and one last thing... my wife now officially hates you !

you have a wife AND an NSX?!?!?!?!?!?!

something tells me when you lose one you lose both sucka
lol

it seems i have that effect on the lesser gender of the species :D

so how old are you and where are you from?
and whats your employment that you can have an NSX and track it :blink:

Back