does anyone know why....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

When im on the hwy my steering wheel and shifter shake pretty bad and it does it even worst when i decellarate if say im coming off the hwy..I know it could be minor like a bent rim or i just need to rotoate tries..But is there any other reason it could be from...Im dropping off my car to get checked out, so wanted to know if anyone had a clue so i dont ripped off...
thanks

It could be an number of things. I would starty with the easy stuff

- Are you tires properly inflated?
- How is your tire ware? When was the last time you rotated your tires?
- Are you tires out of balance?
- How is your alignment?
- Warped Rotors will also cause this problem.

It shouldn't cost anything major. Guys if I missed anything feel free to chime in :)

If it does it without brake being applied, than it is more than likely out of balance.

Have your wheels rotated and balanced and see if that helps.

i figured it was tire rotation cause yes it shakes when im just driving, but it does also shake when i hit the brakes..Lets say im going 80mph on the hwy and i step on the brake to de-accelerate so i can catch the next exit..It does shake then as well....

CHECK YOU WHEEL BALANCE MAKE SURE THERE NOT OUT OF ROUND ALSO YOU MIGHT AS WELL CHANGE YOUR ROTORS AND PADS AT THE SAME TIME THE ROTORS MIGHT BE WARPED YOU CAN HAVE THEM RESURFACED THATS IF THERE NOT TO WARPED ALSO CHECK ALL YOUR BOLTS ON THE FRONT END AND MAKE SURE THERE TIGHT ONE LOOSE BOLT CAN EVEN CAUSE A PROBLEM HOPE THIS HELPS

...sigh once again

gallery_1242_2_1100195554.jpg

Back