Does anyone make a standalone launch controller?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
I've got a VAFC, so I dont plan on buying a Hondata anytime soon. MSD has the Digital SCI, but all I want is a launch controller...Does anyone make JUST a standalone launch controller?

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 6 2004, 12:28 AM
I've got a VAFC, so I dont plan on buying a Hondata anytime soon. MSD has the Digital SCI, but all I want is a launch controller...Does anyone make JUST a standalone launch controller?
[post=386540]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, MSD makes one.

Why do you want launch control? The only thing I think it's good for is sounding cool. If your racing on the street you can't really use it because everywhere you go the road surface will be different. If your at the track on slicks you will more than likely need to drop the clutch from the rev limiter anyways. I say just get yourself a good suspension setup, good clutch, LSD, and good tires, then go out and practice your launches.

with a rev limiter, on drag radials, you get virtually the exact same launch every time, and can get hella better r/t's

r/t's are worthless unless you are in proFWD or some other class that actually USES a pro tree where r/t counts.

the local strip here has a sport compact night, with $200 payout for 1st and $100 for 2nd.

r/t's count, y0

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 13 2004, 04:39 PM
which is exactly why i'm keeping the good ol'e OEM honda ignition, and just adding a standalone launch controller...

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Pro...546&prmenbr=361 <--clicky
[post=389793]Quoted post[/post]​

It looks like thats just a rev limiter.unless you want to run the quarter at your launch rpm I'd keep lookin'. <_<

Back