Does this look like a good deal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunsnbam

Hey everybody! I'm a new poster but have been reading hondaswap topics about engine building for a very long time and you guys have really helped me out. I started looking for parts to build a lsvtec or b20vtec engine at my local junkyard and on the internet. I have found something that seems to be good on ebay but wanted to ask you guys for your oppion. What do you guys think? btw i am planning on boosting in the future.

eBay Motors: LS/VTEC MOTOR w/ SLEEVED BLOCK & WORKED HEAD (item 150195852533 end time Dec-24-07 15:17:26 PST)

For the money I suppose, considering IF all the work he speaks of is done, it seems like a steal. Since the cams are worn, and this set up seems prime for a killer-all motor beast, i'd cop it, swap out the cams and pistons for a high-compression all motor set up.

That's if I were getting it, deal seems semi-ok..it is E=Bay after all.

call the machine shop when you get the receipt and verify that the work has been done. if it all comes out ok with the shop, than its a great deal.

I would say go for it. Swap the cams, but if you wanna boost it go with lower compression pistons. Then throw a turbo kit on that beast.

Go NA. All motor is where its at. Turbo is fun and all, but you will constantly want MORE power. Than you start breaking shit. im building an NA ls-vtec mild setup right now. CTR pistons, ITR cams. maybe s2pro2's, unsure. stock bore, shotpeened rods, arp rod bolts, itr oil/water pump. b16a head. will make nice power, and the torque is a beautiful thing. AND can be reliable IF you dont rev it past 8k

he said that he used factory sleeves and he only has a block guard if u can get it under $1000 thats good

Last edited:
Back