Does this really WORK?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so let me get this straight, the first couple runs you had the tornado installed, and the third one you removed the intake and tornado all together, and lost power? gee i wonder why, it wasnt because you removed the tornado, its because you removed the intake.

So youre saying that no intake and a open throttle body will run worse? im just trying to learn bro and I appreciate the input. Can you describe what having the intake on there does. Velocity increase or what? I dont get it, neither did the guy running the dyno. His idea to remove the intake was to try and lean the engine out some, which it did but also made less power at a higher rpm as you can see above. im puzzled, really.:huh:

well a 4 yr old thread is not the place to learn..

lockpeople.jpg

Its funny, he searched and brought back a dead thread and is catching crap for it.

But, had he just come out and made a new post he would have been roasted for not searching first.

Poor noobs don't stand a chance in this forum. But thats kinda funny.

that similar thread feature on the bottom needs to be removed.. i'm guessing thats why all these old ass threads pop up

So youre saying that no intake and a open throttle body will run worse? im just trying to learn bro and I appreciate the input. Can you describe what having the intake on there does. Velocity increase or what? I dont get it, neither did the guy running the dyno. His idea to remove the intake was to try and lean the engine out some, which it did but also made less power at a higher rpm as you can see above. im puzzled, really.:huh:

Removing the intake tube makes your airflow more turbulent- the tube acts as an airflow straightener. Running with the throttle body straight open without a tube or some type of air directing device in front of it will hurt your power.

As for resurrecting a dead thread, no problem. Your information and questions are relevant. I like the fact that you posted up a DPFI dyno chart. What's the exact setup? I think we need to start a dyno archive.

Now for the Tornado... you might actually get some benefit from it on a DPFI setup. The DPFI system on the older Civics is basically a throttle body injection setup- so swirling the air going can possibly distribute the fuel more evenly before the mixture hits the individual runners going into the head. On a direct port injection system that almost all modern cars have now, it doesn't do a damn thing.

Removing the intake tube makes your airflow more turbulent- the tube acts as an airflow straightener. Running with the throttle body straight open without a tube or some type of air directing device in front of it will hurt your power.

Ahh much like velocity stacks on ITB's. I see now. Thanx for bringing that to my attention. My setup is

D15b2...DPFI
d16a6 camsahft
d16y8 cam gear
Msd blaster coil
msd coil conversion cap
New ground wires
K&n oil filter
New fuel filter
Bomz racing cat
Dynamax Turbo muffler with 2" piping
Ported DPFI intake box
Tandem throttle plate removed

Soon too have

Prothane engine mounts
Energy suspension shifter mounts
Knock off short shifter
Tokico Blues w/ eibach springs 1.5" drop.
MPFI d16a6 manifold swap(in garage now)
ractive 4-2-1 header...then maye a DOHC ZC swap...maybe.^_^

Last edited:
Back