dohc zc help! please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spades614

i did a swap from jdm zc toa zc from 89 integra everthing bolts up except driver side motor mount and for some reason the starter does not reach the flywheel so my question is there any way to make this situation better like a motor mount from another honda i could use if not il make my own butbefore i do i wanted to ask if there was an eiseir way same thing for the starter thanks

it cant be a jdm one then..the usdm one has that problem witht he drivers side mount not lineing up...and as for the mount question no there is no other mount you can use

what starter are you using? you need to use the one from your old engine - you may notice that you can't get the long starter mounting bolt that goes thru the transmission into the block to go in - this is because the D16A1 doesn't have a hole in the block for the starter - you need to drill out the hole in the starter and drill and tap the hole in the transmission and use a short bolt - you may have (or should have) noticed that you couldn't get one of the transmission attaching bolts in - it is the bolt in the bottom rear (closest to firewall) that goes thru from the engine side into the transmission - you need to drill out the hole in the block a little and use a flat washer on the bolt - you will need to fabricate a driver's side mount

Back