DOHCVTEC_ACCORD's Accord Restor Project by me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDAPITSTOP

Hi Everyone,

I'm not real active on this board mainly because I'm usually busy with my own Accord and Honda lists I moderate and my Honda web site
hondapitstop.com
(shameless plug). That and making babies (my wife knows more about that one since our 3rd one will be here in about 7 months or so) ;)

Anyway, I bought DOHCVTEC (Chris') Wrecked H22A 1995 Accord :D and I'll be getting it in a few weeks if no hurricanes block the shippers path or anything :eek:

My Plan A is that I'm going to try to restore the Accord to drivable condition and will have some questions along the way.

My Plan B is if for some reason I can't get the car restored then I'll have to just swap the engine into my 90 Accord. However, I want to try my hardest for plan A as might as well have two nice Accords for my boys to use when they get their licenses in 11 and 13 years. LOL. Plus, I'd like Chris to have some comfort that his car wasn't totally wasted by that uninsured idiot that wrecked his Accord and then left the scene!

Anyway, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. ((Admins move it if not.))

Questions:

1. SRS LIGHT - One of my first questions is has anyone disabled the SRS light on a 5th gen Acord so that it will light up momentarily then go off so it can pass a safety inspection? I would think someone has since some of you have replaced stock steering wheel with a racing wheel. (I've gotten comments back about adding resistors and such, but was wondering if there is an easier way?) I know that not replacing the airbags is uncool with some people but my 90 doesn't have them and I'm going to race this car so I really don't like or want airbags in this car if I can help it.

2. I'm going to be adding back Power Steering because I plan to Autocross this car eventually. I think that I need to use a Prelude PS pump and bracket but what years of Prelude can I use? The JDM H22A is 1994. Also is there much of a difference between the same year Prelude and Accord PS and brackets? Just curious.

3. Anyone know of any Helms 95 Accord or 94 Prelude manuals for sale before I purchase them from helm? Yes I searched ebay.

Here's my 90 Accord car page if anyone is interested.

I'll be making a 95 Accord H22A page as soon as I get the car in mah bellay! :D
hondapitstop's 90 accord project

TIA - Bruce

Lot's of luck man. BTW I will pay-pal you 5 bux if you take those fucking horrid altezzas off of the 90 accord dude. Altezzas Rule!!!!!!

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 18 2003, 01:33 PM
Lot's of luck man. BTW I will pay-pal you 5 bux if you take those fucking horrid altezzas off of the 90 accord dude. Altezzas Rule!!!!!!

Schweet, 5 bucks will buy me a crabby patty at the crusty crab.

Seriously though, I've red/clear tails on order - The altezzas was the first mod I did to the car many moons ago and the stickers are to promote my performance parts resell biz although I may lose the stickers eventually but my 5 year old boy likes to put the stickers on the window :lol: I know the red wipers are rice magnets as well but I like red wipers for some wacky reason.

Bruce

Originally posted by HONDAPITSTOP+Sep 18 2003, 02:16 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Sep 18 2003, 01:33 PM

Schweet, 5 bucks will buy me a crabby patty at the crusty crab.

Seriously though, I've red/clear tails on order - The altezzas was the first mod I did to the car many moons ago and the stickers are to promote my performance parts resell biz although I may lose the stickers eventually but my 5 year old boy likes to put the stickers on the window :lol: I know the red wipers are rice magnets as well but I like red wipers for some wacky reason.

Bruce

Believe it or not, I don't really find stickers that ricey. Especially if they are applied with a scheme in mind. Guys that just slam any old sticker ALL over their car deserve to get punched in the mouth, but sometimes it doesn't look half bad if they do a good job. Especially if the stickers are all the same color and they contrast the paint color and aren't crooked and they actually HAVE those parts or know the shop they are plugging. But the altezzas are still GHEY.

**Takes a step back and dons flame suit**

Hay you got any pics of your wrecked accored befroe he got it like to see how bad and What happened I wasnt around when it did By the way the 94 is up and running with the h22 now I just pulled the 91 into the grage for it swap :p :p

Originally posted by 91EXH23@Sep 18 2003, 05:54 PM
Hay you got any pics of your wrecked accored befroe he got it like to see how bad and What happened I wasnt around when it did By the way the 94 is up and running with the h22 now I just pulled the 91 into the grage for it swap :p :p

Chris is going to try to take some pics before it ships out and email me the pics so I'll plan on posting those so ya'll can see the before and after pics and the progess of the project. It will be some work but will be fun too :)

Sweet on the 94 with the H22. Sounds like you and I will have the same gen accords excepte my 90 won't see an H22 for awhile as I'll need to save some $ for diapers for my 3rd kid on the way. :lol:

Originally posted by HONDAPITSTOP@Sep 18 2003, 05:58 PM
my 90 won't see an H22 for awhile as I'll need to save some $ for diapers for my 3rd kid on the way. :lol:

Dude. My daughter is being born in like the next week and I just bought diapers yesterday for the first time. Those things are fucking EXPENSIVE! :thumbsdown: to diapers...

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 18 2003, 06:05 PM

Dude. My daughter is being born in like the next week and I just bought diapers yesterday for the first time. Those things are fucking EXPENSIVE! :thumbsdown: to diapers...

Congrads to the soon to be dad! :D

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Sep 18 2003, 06:05 PM-->
HONDAPITSTOP
@Sep 18 2003, 05:58 PM
my 90 won't see an H22 for awhile as I'll need to save some $ for diapers for my 3rd kid on the way. :lol:

Ok now we're way off topic but go to Costco they have the huge bundles of diapers for less.
Also when people ask you what you need, tell them diapers diapers diapers
try not to think about what you spend on diapers ;) as they're better than washing poop out of cloth diapers. :p
Congrats to you new dad. If you thought cars are amazing kids will blow your mind and the delivery will be the coolest thing you'll ever experience in life. :)

Ok I'll take off my dad hat now. But seriously you can email me if you have any questions about new borns. I'm not an expert but I've been through it twice in the last 5 years.

Back to tech questions:

Hasn't anyone replaced their stock steering wheel on their Accord that had an airbag in it? If so didn't your SRS light come on when you replaced your wheel? If so what'd you do about the light?
Bruce

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 19 2003, 02:10 AM
pull the bulb

That will work for my eyes but for safety inspection here in Oregon they might want to see it light up momentarily. I may have to end up wiring it to another wire that comes on momentarily like the engine light or something. I'm just curious what most people have done that have swapped out their steering wheels. A friend mentioned last night something about a legal defeat switch you can buy for the whole SRS system. I should probably post this in a different section since this isn't 100% swap related ;)

I'll probably have the pics posted up tomorrow. Don't have access to a card reader at home.

Laid eyes on my baby for the last time today before it gets to Bruce....:(

Don't worry I'll take good care of your baby :) and keep you posted on the whole process. You're new WRX baby is purrrrty schweet too! :)

Don't sweat the pics, just send them when you can get them and I'll post them somewhere.

Thanks again Brian! :)

Originally posted by HONDAPITSTOP+Sep 18 2003, 10:58 PM-->
@Sep 18 2003, 05:54 PM

Chris is going to try to take some pics before it ships out and email me the pics so I'll plan on posting those so ya'll can see the before and after pics and the progess of the project. It will be some work but will be fun too :)

Sweet on the 94 with the H22. Sounds like you and I will have the same gen accords excepte my 90 won't see an H22 for awhile as I'll need to save some $ for diapers for my 3rd kid on the way. :lol:

no the 91 is getting the 94 old motor to sell some day

Well I got DOHC_VTEC Accord's 1995 Accord with the JDM H22A in mah garage's belly :)

Thanks Chris!!! :D

I already replaced the radiator and fired up the engine! Woohoo!
THere's a lot of work and money to spend on it still but I did post a quick car page and a few restoration pics of what the car looked like when I received it and what I have done so far to it.

Take a few minutes to relax and go see the pics and hear the engine start! Woohoo!
Here’s the link.
1995 Accord Restore pages

Cheers :)
Bruce

Back