doing a mini me need help on wiring please?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chuckshonda

hey guys im doing a mini me on my 97 civic dx 2 door d16y7 automatic putting a d16y8 ex head on it my? is, does anybody know what kind of wiring will i have to do , my ecu is a p2p ,im putting a ex manifold

If its the P2P from the 96-98 automatic Civic then all you have to do is add the 3 wires for VTEC and then the one wire for the Knock sensor.

ok it already has the three wire set up from the y7 throttle body or am i misunderstanding we did the mini me head swap it surges when idleing and shifts hard and does seem to want to go over 60 any help would great thanx

Nope if the Y8 is auto then you don't need to go from the 3 wire to the 2 wire IACV. Check for leaks and compare your throttle body opening on the 2 manifolds. I know that the opening on the Y7 is different than the manuel Y8 manifold and it might be different than the auto one. Also are you throwing any CEL's?

ok let me give the run down, i did the mini me it went smooth installed the p2p everything pluged rite in nice. i have not installed the knock sensor yet , and have not installed the wires for the vtec or the oil presure switch. do you think this is it, sorry if i sound like noob but i am thanx for all your help again can you tell me how to give you reps for the help.oh the car runs fine as long as i keep the rpms low but as soon as i give it a lil juice it acts like it is redlining and when it goes to shift it revs over and over ,seems to idle high in park and pulses my buddy said it was looking for the knock sensor but i dont know.

You should definitely install the knock sensor and wire up VTEC because these will generally cause your car to not perform at high rpms. Rep can be awarded by clicking on the middle icon in the group of 3 at the bottom of member's posts.

wiring.96-98.jpg

8 on connector A goes to the green/yellow wire on the top of the VTEC solenoid.
15 goes to the green pressure switch on the side of the solenoid. On it there are 2 connections, one goes to 15 and the other just goes to a chassis ground.

i want to give you rep but that little pic of the scales is not there thanks alot if you can tell me how give rep i will do it thanks again

for the iacv do i need to do anything with a12 pin because there is nothing there and looks like the vtec set up uses a12 or do i swap out a14 thanx i reped you

you asked for cel codes well i went and had it checked out ,p1259 fuel air metering gas cap ?,po700 trans control sys malf. ,po740 tcc circuit , po435evap emission , po450 evap, do you know were i can look these up thanx.

Back