Doing An Hf To Dx Swap Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

I have a 1991 crx with a hf motor in it (blown). So I got a good running 16valve dx motor outta my friends civic. I bought a 16v ECU. Is there going to be anymore problems with the swap. Someone told me something with the EGR had to be changed. Any help please doing the swap tommorow.

-Justin

you will need to do a reverse of the DPFI to MPFI wiring swap or you will need to swap the HF intake manifold on to the DX engine, which isn't a good solution, because of the size of the HF intake - the best solution is to find a complete Si intake manifold and bolt that to the DX engine and use the Si ECU - don't worry about the EGR valve, not on the DX or Si

I dont understand. Its a 1.5 dx 16v that Im putting in my hf chassis. I was told I could swap the ECU and then something with the EGR. But I wasnt aware of any other problems. Can you explain that a little better for me please. Im not going for performance its just the cheapest motor available is all. Im just fixing the car to sell it. Btw White 91 crx hf for sale in washington state. :)

the HF is MPFI with 4 injectors, one at each cylinder - the DX is DPFI with 2 injectors on the throttle body - the distributor wiring is different - the HF throttle position sensor turns in the opposite direction from the DX - the DX engine harness is not compatible with the HF cabin harness - you would need to modify your HF engine harness

I tell you what I will trade you straight up all my whole dx computer wiring harness everything you will need to make it run, for your harness ecu, intake manifold, injectors and ecu.

dude, dont play around with the DX, it will be worth ur $$ to sell it and buy a Si engine or a ZC, easy swap and alot more power.

YEAH WHAT SLEEPER CRX SAID IS TRUE DO A ZC,MORE POWER AND WHAT PROBLY $100 OR SO MORE IF IM NOT MISTAKEN JUST THINK 1 OR 2 MORE HUNDRED DOLLORS FOR ABOT 30 OR MORE HORSES DX 90 HP ZC 130 BIG DIFF MONEY WELL WORTH. .....WORDS OF VENOM....

I bought the car to sell. I dont care about the performance I just want it to run good for as little as possible. :blink:

THe axles on the HF are smaller and have less splines, so need to change out the hubs too.

I have DX parts for sale, no tranny, but I do have a good alternator, starter, and distributor. will sell cheap!! only 6 months old, then my clutch went bad along with the syncros starting to slip, so I decided to do a full swap.

Back