Door difference between the trims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I just sold the doors off of my red CRX; its an 88 DX. well the guy that bought them, gave me his rusted 88 Si doors to throw away for him. When he brought his Si doors to me and picked up the DX doors, he said the DX ones felt lighter. I later pulled out the door from my blue CRX(also an 88 DX) because someone wants to buy it, and weighed it. It was 69.6lbs on a bathroom scale. I then weighed the rusted Si door; it was 73.* lbs(I dont know if the rust makes it weigh any less) That makes me wonder, are the HF doors lighter, and is the weight just from the impact beam?

well there are no impact beams in the 88-89 but the beams ar ein the 90-91.and another thing is the 88-89 have seatbelts on the actual pillar behind the driver,as where the 90-91 have seatbelts on the doors.but to be honest im not 100% sure if their is a difference in a 88-89 si/dx and hf series door.

i thought there were. I had the ones with the sealtbelt pillar on the doors. those are soem heavy sons-o-bitches. I dont think they are drastically different in weight but i do believe the hf's are lighter

I have a '89 CRX HF that had a smashed door window. I found and bought an '89 window only to find it didn't fit. Too short by almost an inch. Turned out the glass was from a DX which does have less glass but is slightly heavier.

Back