Doubt with my S40 I need some references

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

natalcarlos

Hi there guys, I have doubts about my manual tranny S40 on my DX Civic. The reason why is because I had another one (I can't remember it code) that locked on me after running dry when one of the axles seals got broke. I bought the second tranny from a pull-a-part junkyard but they didn't remember from what Civic came off. The tranny claims to be a S40 but I heard there are more than one and I will like to know if it is from a Civic EX or not. It says S40 - 1503609. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks!!!

its on the trans, i know on older trannys its beside the axle hole inside a little circle spot, but im unsure where at on yours, i do know yours is a 96-00 d series trans tho

I will check it out on Friday morning with a lift. The tranny has the code in front but it is what i mentioned before. S40 and over 7 digits. Thanks for the info.

bah who cares hehe, as long as its not a 92-95 cx trany.... ya be alright

basically there's 2 cases, depending on the bearing size on the 5th gen civic lineup...

A000 = small bearing case = CX/DX/HX/VX
B000 = large bearing case = EX/Si

look near the tranny fluid fill plug.

s40 is actually an Ek-series, found on the 96-00 civic ex. 92-95's are s20- prefixed.

Last edited:
Back