dpfi crx trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok guys i was out on the bridge a may 80 mph and i slow down to about 60mph cuz i c another ef as i let off the gas car backfires loud as hell and so then i pull over cuz wen i push the gas car has no power and then the car starts back up cuz i had iit in gear .....and when i pull over the car is running very rough and not idlen right if i push the gas it revs a lil and then dies ....

i swaped relays same results im thinking fuel pump ??

any info will b helpful ...i have skool tuesday so help me out !!!

idk cuz today i went out and pulled the dizzy apart and the blot tht goes in the rotor was out of it put it bac ran a lil better and so i took the intake pieces of and rev the car slow and then jus reved it hard it reved fine then it went right bak 2 the sam shit

its something with the distributor, the backfire was caused by the timing being retarded

Check your dizzy cap and rotor. also check your coil. I had mine burn out the little button that goes from the cap into the coil causing an arc that melted the coil, cap and rotor. It ran kinda shitty for a few days and than just died one day at an idle. Also check your timing belt. You could have jumped a tooth when that happened.

if i turn the key and push the gas the car will start and rev lik normal over 3grand but if i let it under three it will jus die ....i checked the timing and i replaced the headgasket and its still doing the same thing so i checked the timing again and it was on idk

Did this happen before or after you changed the head gasket? I'm confused with your english. The head gasket itself wouldn't be the cause of this.

i changed the headgasket after... the car was fine b4 it backfired did nt over heat then lose oil besides fron the dizzy ring seal and it didnt smoke or sputter

then why the hell did you change the head gasket??
that was not even a symptom....

you said the set screw that holds the dizzy rotor in place was loose... did you replace cap and rotor? have you made sure there is no play on the rotor? it sounds to me the timing is retarded and thats what caused your backfire (cause the rotor wasnt lined up properly cause set screw was out) and it coulda have possibly wallered out the rotor where the set screw goes if it was alloing un wanted movement while running.

so change the cap and rotor or post up pics of em and see what happens...

i jus pulled the whole dam dizzy and swapped to mpfi and now one of my injectors is leaking but its running and off a pm5 ecu lmao

Back