Dpfi To Mpfi (possibly Revised)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geoff19crx

i was having an idea about this while looking at hasport's ecu comparison chart. under normal circumstances the setup would require you to run 4 wires: 2 injector wires and 2 for the cylinder sensor. this really didn't appear necessary to me being that dpfi and mpfi use the same injector pin locations. which raised another question for me, where does the resistor box get it's power under stock mpfi systems? the answer to that question was pin b13 (start signal). i thought the swap could be done by running 3 wires. the cylinder sensor and tps sensor still go by the normal way, but the injectors are done differently. You keep the stock injector harness and run the existing injector wires into it. run the power source from b13 to the power source for the resister box. any comments are welcome and any thoughts as to why it wouldn't work would be helpful.

Unfortuneatly you have to run 4 wires. 1 wire for each injector and it does require this other wise the 2 injectors would be on at the same time as the resistor box power wire is only the power to the injector. the wires going to the ECU are the grounds hence the requirement for 1 wire for each injector.

Back