Driftage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SWEET! That was bad ass! One handed! That would suck balls if he messed up!

I know I could drift in my car but I am just scared that I will loose control and fuck something up!

sweet shit....guys got some skills with drifting...i like drifting a fwd....lol ebrake all day baby!

I know I could drift in my car but I am just scared that I will loose control and fuck something up

WERD, That's why when I do decide to try it they're aren't going to be guardrails and hope a BIG OPEN lot.

I used to the the Ebrake thing in the saturn, its just not the same.

hehe thats one way to save your tires! drifting in the rain. :D that guy's pretty good!

damn those guys are good . . . i hope i can look that impressive at the dg trials, i can drift my 328is on dry pavement but i only have the balls for 2nd gear sideways action. maybe a slight drift in 3rd

slight drift : a drift that can be felt in the car but barely noticed from an outside view

Drift a 944 N/A? hahahha yeah you could but talk about having to toss it into the turns in order to get the rear tires to break loose

damn underpowered piece that will cost you out the ass =)

Drifting= easy.

Drifting in the rain= even easier due to a lower static and dynamic coefficient of friction, and the difference between the two.

*yawn* Grip is where real skill lies.

well yeah I can slide any car/truck sideways when its wet/snow out but who wants to do that? ok Im sure a lot of you want to do that but my idea of fun drifting is when you can punch it and toss the car into a turn sideways =) or is that more of a fishtail =) hehehe

Drift a 944 N/A?

After/If I ever master the technique of drifting, I'm going to videotape it just for you :D

It has more than enough power for me to get around with and has awesome handling, I do not need any more tickets. I'm not sayin I wouldn't love a car that when I stomp on the gas the tires break loose but I really don't need it, plus I'm gettin more into auto-x now and that will just slow you down (right?).

damn underpowered piece that will cost you out the ass =)

Still a porsche, still has great handling, and more powerful than a civic even though it weighs more. I'll keep ya'll updated on the cost as well. ;)

get the drift bible it teaches you how to drift in underpowered cars. BALLS OUT

I do not need any more tickets.

So you want to drift? Im guessing you mean only on a track

Im not saying you can't drift the car because its underpowered I would just go over all your other options sounds like you are going with a cheaper car due to the asking price yet in the end.... sigh

did you price out any parts for your car yet? I can get a timing belt/waterpump/seals for a civic price is around 100-150 bucks depending on brand of waterpump my audi cost $550 and Im not sure if thats with water pump or not labor alone is $700

I bought my Audi in great shape it just needed tires, front brakes, 3 rubber mount inserts and some other little things and I've spend over 2K in 1 month of owning it

no name honda brake pads 12-14 bucks lifetime warrenty no warrenty audi no name brake pads 88 bucks no name honda rotors with lifetime warrenty 25 bucks if I remember right audi rotors 82 bucks EACH

Also look into working on the car it turns out if I need to do anything up front on my car I need to remove the whole front end in order to install the rubber L/R mounts I had to drop the swayarms and lift the engine a good 6"

in order to replace my Vbelt "one belt runs the alt, powerstering, AC.... looks like the front end will have to come off again... good thing the one on there is in good shape........

s3fe00cdd02721.jpg
this was taken when I replaced the front engine mount the whole front piece fan and all had to come away from the chassis in order to put the mount in place

make sure you know what you're getting yourself into and make sure you have the funds to do it because I would hate for you to buy this 1500 buck 944 then turns out you don't have enough money to get it past inspections and tagged

btw how is the aftermarket support for the 944na motor? I know the 944s handle great but are dirt slow having the tranny in the back of the car helps with the 50/50 weight =)

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Jan 6 2004, 06:09 PM
damn those guys are good . . . i hope i can look that impressive at the dg trials, i can drift my 328is on dry pavement but i only have the balls for 2nd gear sideways action. maybe a slight drift in 3rd

slight drift : a drift that can be felt in the car but barely noticed from an outside view

cmon. if i can drift an old 260z i think you can drift a near new bimmer. its really not that hard.

240 drifting is a bit easier though.

btw how is the aftermarket support for the 944na motor?

Not exactly a honda, there are places to buy them though.

As for the condition of the vehicle, all the mechanicals are in excellent working order and was maintained well with records to back it up...it does need an alignment though. The exhaust was in decent shape as well. The body has a few dents that I can repair myself and needs a paint job. The guy had started a turbo front end conversion and never finished putting it back together but all peices are there. It could use some new tires in the early future.

If the front end has to come off to do belts than so be it, a day and a half without a car for regular maintainence is worth it.

I can get a timing belt/waterpump/seals for a civic price is around 100-150 bucks depending on brand of waterpump my audi cost $550 and Im not sure if thats with water pump or not labor alone is $700

I hear ya, factory performance isn't cheap and is a hell of alot more expensive to maintain than a civic. I think it was around $180 for a tune up kit and probably around $200 for the pump with a little help I could replace the waterpump and seals, I don't think I would tackle the timing belt though.

And brakes, I'm sure brakes are gonna be kinda pricey on the porsche, porsche uses some high quality shit when it comes to brakes. Pads I think were in the area of 75 for a front set and same for the rear- no name. Rotors I didn't price.

I was on a porsche forum earlier and the average price of a 944 with 100k miles was upwards of $2000, there were people paying as low as $1200 for theirs.

I think I'm going to enjoy this car, and after some practice maybe even be able to tear that audi up at the track. :) j/k

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 6 2004, 10:42 PM
I think I'm going to enjoy this car, and after some practice maybe even be able to tear that audi up at the track. :) j/k

I would hope so since my Audi is never going to see a track =)

I would buy a 510 or 240-280Z and own your ass if I wanted to auto X

:repostred: rudeludenotmeanthough posted it the other day along with alot of other videos, but that video was tight though.

Back