Driftage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would buy a 510 or 240-280Z and own your ass if I wanted to auto X

I'm still a rookie at auto-x, since I just found out 944t parts will work on a N/A, I'm going to be looking at boosting this in the future, maybe a k27 instead of the stock k26.

This car is similar to hondas...in a way. You can get some pretty nice swaps for this car and is straight forward like hondas, I dunno the engine codes but the 928 engine (i think it was this one) has like 200 and something HP, that would be plenty for me and probably would have that stompable taction loss and run low 14s in a straight line, possibly eat a 240 on the track as well.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 6 2004, 10:59 PM
I would buy a 510 or 240-280Z and own your ass if I wanted to auto X

This car is similar to hondas...in a way. You can get some pretty nice swaps for this car and is straight forward like hondas, I dunno the engine codes but the 928 engine (i think it was this one) has like 200 and something HP, that would be plenty for me and probably would have that stompable taction loss and run low 14s in a straight line, possibly eat a 240 on the track as well.

You might want to think twice before picking fights with the Datsuns auto X wise
unless you get lucky and race some old beat up ones =)

240Z with a stock L28 motor running stock boost VERY low boost 7psi will run low 14s high 13s

one thing great about the L28 motor not only can they be had for cheap but for 200 bucks in mods you could push a 240Z to run low 12s

FMIC, Open exhaust, adjustable fuel pressure reg, and a manual boost controller

stock L28s can handle 15PSI before the stock T3 turbo runs out of room

VERY EASY power

I know this first hand =)

airjockie and i have seen this yellow 260z... with the sweetest exhaust note ever... kicking ass at our local autocross. hes only been there once or twice though.

there was another old z at a different autocross. wasnt doing so well but it was fun to watch. :lol:

that yellow Z was at just about every event last season

yea, I probably couldnt keep up with it, but i would try. In the future I can and probably will turbo the N/A with all stock 951 parts besides and upgraded turbo. That should put me in low 14s high 13s and I would have a much higher chance.

Back