Drifting War on the East Coast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got the brakes all done...and they are tight. Got most of the rear poly bushings in.....and holy Squeeeeeeekkking Batman!!!...but they are stiff. I still need to get two sway bar bolts for the rear, and do the full tune up tommorrow...IE...oil change, diff oil change, trany fluid on hand for the trany swap, new plugs, wires, etc....

The ACT clutch came in today, so I can pound on that either tommorrow afternoon, or friday morning. I still need to get the old Z towwed to my buddies shop, so I can rape the tranny from it...but I might not install it now...seeing time is an essence. but I still got to get the rims and mount the old Azenies to them. I dont know how many cars these tires have been on.....Originally, they came from Chris's green hatch, then they went on my CRX, then the AE86, now the Z....and how many miles and races have they held up too..... :eek:

Tommmorrow morning is a trip up to the Mohegan area to drop off the old engine, and get more rims...then back to the house to get more shit done...Friday will suck....all the last minute crunch shit to do..... :ph34r:

some more pics of Shit

adz.jpg

aea.jpg

aeb.jpg

aec.jpg

aed.jpg

aee.jpg

aef.jpg

aeg.jpg

aeh.jpg

aei.jpg

poly bushes are teh sweet.

are those the metal spacers you had from way back that were for the 240sx?

too bad you are gonna tear up those es100's :( you should swap them to the front. more grip than shitty azenis.

the spacers came with the bushing set..

The Wats dont clear the front strut...offset is too high...they work on the backs....

+, those are the road trip tires...light weight, saves gas...big steamroller tires=heavey....and uses more gas and sucks power from the engine...

When I'm drifting..the rears will be just junk crappy tires.. ;)

Crunch time :angry: :angry: :angry:

Got to work my ass off tommorrow to get the damn clutch in, tool boxes cleaned up and load, tires and wheels swapped around, oil change and other shit....

plus now the wife want to take her little groceriy shopping trip tommorrow, so there goes 2-3 hours of my time.....but I think it's all still possible.

Got the hotel reserved, and everything all almost ready. If anyone else wants to go....they can bunk in my room for a small fee... ;)

The Clutch is done...and Holy Shit...grip batman!!!

The other parts car X is at the shop, and I stripped the rest of the stuff I wanted...except for the tranny and the rims...next week.hehe

Oil is changed, new spark plugs, garage is half clean.....I can almost park the CRX in here :p

paid more bills, money is looking good for the trip...tires are swapped on the Z, it's been a busy fucking day...time to pass out and then go to work on helicopters again tonight...and then pack the shit and drive to MD.....

goodnight :)

shit!! if i had money id go up there because MD realy aint that from me...maybe 4-5hrs tops. i wanna go :(

Just got back from the event...I hope a lot of people took pic's...I'll post them when they start surfaceing on the net....

Anyways...I had the car nearly set up perfect.....except the LSD and the tires...

It handled great, kicked out when I wanted it to , but it just wouldn't stay out or it stayed to far out...and I was in a spin....

But I don't feel bad...I still had a great time, and met a lot of cool people.

Two real drifters took my Z out for a run or two...and they did just the same as I did.....spin city. They just pointed out that it was also perfect, plenty of torque, good speed, nice and solid car...but the tire choice was to poor for the car...with the open diff, a decent drift is possible....just not with new Azenis's 195/60/14 on the front, and new Dunlop G/T Qualifiers 225/60/14 on the back...the prodrifters said the best way for this car to drift is to have...I dropped my jaw to the ground when they said this....is to have sticky tires all the way around....with a low profile, as in a 17 inch rim with 40's on it.

ahhwell...I still got to play with the car, and let other people play with it....it was a lot of work, and all the work payed off haveing all the people at the event give me props for the car....

I guess whats next for the car...can go two ways.....clean up the rust areas I found and do the body work, and spend some real money and get the car properly painted and have it be the garage queen/week-end cruiser.......or get a LSD, plan out a turbo, and get more tires and rims, and get it ready for next year and get as much pratice and get good with it....

buy a honda.

:ph34r:

hehe j/p

sounds like agood time man. glad te car made it there and back in one piece!!!! i think thats the best result of the event... rushing a car, and making it 1000 miles round trip.

<_< 240 miles one way....almost 500 miles for the whole trip....

But yes....building it, trying to break it, and getting it home in one peice is a great feeling.....although I do have a "CLUNK" in the rear..and a strange vibration on corners...I think I need to swap the diff this week....from the 280Z after I strip it from the parts car....and also look into getting a real LSD...I know someone in CT has a R180 with something in it, or I might do the R200 swap.....

nice clayton, really nice.

well, wouldnt the sticky's give you max control? i know it sounds stupid but it kinda makes sense.

you've come so far with that car, from when you got it to now. you've swapped everything but the shell. :) from the time i've known you, i feel that car has been your best work. its the only datsun i like.

your crx is still my favorite, followed by steves. i love them both for different reasons though. :D

Just pic Whoreing...hehe....

God, all that work..and to actually have pics this clean of my car and a lot of smoke...make all that work, time and money feel worth it.

afb.jpg

Back