drool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Around here in redneckville, I'd just import one as a Race Only vehicle without putting it through all the import regulation expensive BULLSHIT, and then put a totalled 300zx's VIN tags on the dash that I bought for a "scrap car" with a clear title. Cops would never f'ing know or care. Seriously.

2 door Nissan sportscar. As long as it's the same color, who gives a fuck, right? :)

It's not the cop's you have to worry about.....It's the customs people...When you import the car, you have to pay a bond....and a signed agreement that the car will only be here for one year. after that one year, the custom's agents want that bond....or the car....and they know what car is what car. Either way, you will pay a lot for the car and have it destroyed, or pay a lot for the car, drive it up to canada and comeback down for another year. There are way's around these law's....I don't know all of them, but I do know that it might not be worth it to import the whole car. I have heard that you can bring the shell with the engine removed and set aside inside the container, and claim it as just regular part's, and one you get it to your shop, then re-install the engine. I will prolly go that route. Once I get a shop opened up, and the money to buy and ship these item's.

if you can get a shell here in one piece, I'm down.

i've heard that you have to cut the shell in half... hence clips... or they still give you the hard time. I don't know. I'll probably just pay motorex 231231.99 for a fucking car i want.

Ahhh. Yet another "When I get rich" / "When I win the lottery" story.

Shit yeah. R34 in my future, when I get rich. Fuck those Italian POS's.

I think I saw the silver one at nopi last year. there can't be too many silver r33 around here.

The blue r34....:) that car is sick man, sick....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 22 2003, 07:03 AM
if you can get a shell here in one piece, I'm down.

i've heard that you have to cut the shell in half... hence clips... or they still give you the hard time. I don't know. I'll probably just pay motorex 231231.99 for a fucking car i want.

b, take a trip to the mother land (japan) find the car that you want, pull the engine, doors, trunk, body panels, ship them indivigually from japan, assemble when you get here. Then do the 300zx vin thing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 22 2003, 08:03 AM
r33 > r34 :)

Actually.....the R31 GTS Turbo Paul Neuman edition, tuned right is way better than both of those. My buddy had one, and we went street reacing from Naha, Okinawa to Kadana AFB, and that thing had me white knuckeled all the way, and I was in a 4 pt harness and a bride seat. As soon as he hit boost..............I crapped myself.

Hmm, I wish I got to ride in a skyline of any kind. I saw one at a shop a few months back but that was the closest I have gotten even though I am in the Seattle area.

Back