dropped engine in, and hood wont close...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

i finally got my mounts and dropped my b17 in my 92 vx hatchback, and everything is right and nothing is in the way of the hood closing, but it wont close all the way unless i slam down on it really hard, i looked under it and it clears good, the hood acts like its gettin stopped by something but there is nothin there, anybody else had this problem?

Look for a nut or bolt under the hinges. Or like they said if you removed it, it mmay need to be lined up right. Also if during the course of installing the motor you hit the latch it could have mis-aligned that also.

did you take the hood off when you did your swap? i did and when i put it back on it didn't close and i checked my alignment and it was off i put it back in alignment and it closes good

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Oct 29 2004, 07:37 AM
did you take the hood off when you did your swap? i did and when i put it back on it didn't close and i checked my alignment and it was off i put it back in alignment and it closes good
[post=408999]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i had just put the hood back on to see if it would close right, thats probably what it is, it looked pretty straight tho, i already checked for loose nuts or screws under the hinges, thanks i'll try realigning it

Back