Drummers Are Natural Intellectuals.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, from a scientific point of view, i think its possible they misinterpreted the results. maybe the people who were better at keeping a beat scored better because they are just used to keeping a beat and doing other things at the same time (talking,listening, etc). so it may be a matter of practice, not natural occurance. just like when i first started driving id have a hard time doing other things, but now i can drive, text, listen to music (if i had a radio), etc at the same time without a hitch. but it doesnt make me anymore of an intellectual. just my perspective, not trying to take anything away from you drummers or this one study. you cant draw wild conclusions from just one study IMO.

I covet your engine ? It's nice, I wouldn't say "covet". I have a Formula Atlantic motor that I'm moving into my living room this weekend.

you know I read that and thought to myself, "wow this guy is an intellectual" then I see "will fist you" :rofl:

I pride myself on being an anomaly.

Banging on things with sticks may require a sense of timing and loose limbs, but I fail to see the point in elevating it above any other musical instrument. Listen to Stanley Jordan sometime.

This statement demonstrates how little you know about music. I recommend going to your local community college and laying down the $250 for a 100 level music theory course. When you return to this thread your tune will have changed substantially...no pun intended...seriously...:ph34r:

IMO, from a scientific point of view, i think its possible they misinterpreted the results. maybe the people who were better at keeping a beat scored better because they are just used to keeping a beat and doing other things at the same time (talking,listening, etc). so it may be a matter of practice, not natural occurance. just like when i first started driving id have a hard time doing other things, but now i can drive, text, listen to music (if i had a radio), etc at the same time without a hitch. but it doesnt make me anymore of an intellectual. just my perspective, not trying to take anything away from you drummers or this one study. you cant draw wild conclusions from just one study IMO.

Google it. It has been proven time and time again that people capable of musical processing are markedly more intelligent than their untalented counterparts. Of course there are brilliant people who could never even begin to play an instrument. Likewise, there are people who are musical savants who can barely remember to breathe. Neither example is the norm.

Google it. It has been proven time and time again that people capable of musical processing are markedly more intelligent than their untalented counterparts. Of course there are brilliant people who could never even begin to play an instrument. Likewise, there are people who are musical savants who can barely remember to breathe. Neither example is the norm.

well this thread and that study was specifically about keeping a beat, ala drummers. (i know you have to keep a beat with any instrument), which is the basis of my statement. im just saying that when you get better at something, you can still do it with more distractions (as in, the test you are taking). i agree, people with some background in music tend to be more intelligent and well rounded. im glad i played trumpet in high school. and i truely enjoyed it and it gave me such an appreciation for music, and GOOD music. but i sold my trumpet for headwork on my engine LOL. maybe ill get another one one day

you guys make me feel stupid....
I need to go back to school......

This statement demonstrates how little you know about music. I recommend going to your local community college and laying down the $250 for a 100 level music theory course. When you return to this thread your tune will have changed substantially...no pun intended...seriously...:ph34r:

I'm a pianist, took 3 years of music theory and play Jazz.

But thanks for keeping me in your thoughts !

I'm a pianist, took 3 years of music theory and play Jazz.

But thanks for keeping me in your thoughts !

Well now I'm just confused by your attitude towards this subject...

My attitude towards the subject is moot in this case: My attitude towards Blanco is the real suspect here :)

I believe that ALL musicians tend to be "more intelligent" than non-musicians. It's very mentally taxing to play music, a combination of true art and science.

But my attacks here (See post #2) are not on Drummers, it's on Blanco.

Blanco and I go way back. His creativity for handling my posts is nowhere more noticeable than this thread.

I'm not such a big poopy-head, am I ?

dog-humping-a-womans-leg-~-92041.jpg

For Steve, it's fun to troll every post I make in this forum and turn every topic I post in into a flame war. For me, it's old and tiresome...and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Maybe I should go ahead and put you back on ignore?

Flame war??? Um... do I have to repeat it?? Flirt war is the word you were looking for. :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back