Drunk Driving Campaign

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey I think this is a good one to repost. I lost two good friends due two a drunk driver when I was in high school, and it pisses me off when people try to act all cool about drunk driving. I am not talking about the people who have a beer or two then drive home, I am talking about the selfish assholes who drive after a night of hard drinking, and do not even think about the fact that others might get hurt and or killed, due to irresponsibility.

yah, my senior year in highschool, a month before graduation, 3 of my friends were killed in an accident...the driver of their car was racing, and had a few drinks...ONE FUCKING month away from getting our fuckin diploma, and it took one bad decision to kill them...people, its not worth it...i remember looking at one of my friends as he laid in his coffin and i realized that it was all real, that i would never see this kid i grew up with, ever again, and all it took was one bad decision.

that's just irresponsibility.

if i've had a few- i do the speed limit and focus on driving. thats it. i wouldn't even go so far as to say i've been lucky. I'm just not a moron. I KNOW what i'm doing.... so i do it, and get home safe everytime.

hell i hardly ever drink but i do not drink and drive because if i killed someone i could not live with it. thats worse than dying. its a shame that people still do it though

Jesus that will make you stop and think. If it doesn't just go outside and off yourself now. Please make sure you stand in front of something that can stop the bullet once it has passed through your empty skull. I can't nor want to even imagine.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Feb 10 2004, 07:16 AM
yah, my senior year in highschool, a month before graduation, 3 of my friends were killed in an accident...the driver of their car was racing, and had a few drinks...ONE FUCKING month away from getting our fuckin diploma, and it took one bad decision to kill them...people, its not worth it...i remember looking at one of my friends as he laid in his coffin and i realized that it was all real, that i would never see this kid i grew up with, ever again, and all it took was one bad decision.

oh, and i forgot to mention, my three friends died, but the driver (who i did not know) lived...i heard that his life is just fucked now...the families of my friends were going to sue him, and now he has to live with the guilt of killing 3 people for the rest of his life.

:werd: yeah i mean that's just one of the many risks that people take when they drink and drive- it's wrong and dangerous on so many levels and to so many people, i just hope everyone thinks a lot harder about before taking it as lightly as I know soooo many people do-

Yea, I saw that girl speakin' on a talk show I saw awhile ago, It's really sad. The guy that made her like that was arranged a meet with her in prison, she forgave him.

I don't know why tho.. It's just a terrible thing.

i'm not sure i could ever forgive someone for doing that to me, or even someone i love-

I have a pretty strong stumoach, but that was almost too much. That is so sad to see. That makes me want to go slap so people in my school that I know dnd all the time.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Feb 10 2004, 02:54 AM
The part thats fucked up is that the people who aren't drinking are always the ones who suffer more, dont know why, but you always see the drunk guy walking away without a scratch. Fucking bullshit. So basically its not good enough to just say you won't do it anymore, you should seriously make an effort tokeep your friends and family from doing it, cause wouldn't you feel guilty if they hit and killed someone or someone you knew ended up like that?

cuz they are intoxicated so they flex with the vehicle when an accident crashes, were as the sober person stiffens up and gets fucked up.

But that does suck and if i were here i wouldn't wanted to live, but on the other hand i would rather show this nation how fucked up it is.

Back