1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSM injectors install

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 89tangerine, Jul 13, 2007.

1. 89tangerine

89tangerine New Member

hey I am in the process of turbo-ing my crx, and I am trying to decide on fuel injectors. I have read a good amount on dsm 390 and 450s, but I still cant find any info on if I can install them without removing the intake manifold. I read the writeup on homemadeturbo, and on there he has the manifold off and is using a dremel too. So if anybody has installed these on an obd0, please let me know, thanks.

2. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

you can get the injectors and fuel rail off without taking off the manifold. theres 3 bolts along the rail then pull it off. easy. accordind to that write up all you have to do is dremel out the seals. you dont have to have it in the manifold to do that. he just did it so they wouldnt spin while using the dremel. just find something that will hold them securely and doesnt bend them.

but dont do that in the mani with it still on the block bc then all of that shit is going straight into your cylinders. then you'll have a whole new prob.

3. boofthese

boofthese New Member

someone told me you have to have a "resistor" box to use dsm injectors ? is that true

4. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

yeah, if yours is a 5th gen or higher. 4th gen came with. so you have to wire one in. its all in that write up. its a pretty good write up.

5. 89tangerine

89tangerine New Member

thanks for the response, Im definitely getting some 450s now

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted