DSM injectors install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89tangerine

hey I am in the process of turbo-ing my crx, and I am trying to decide on fuel injectors. I have read a good amount on dsm 390 and 450s, but I still cant find any info on if I can install them without removing the intake manifold. I read the writeup on homemadeturbo, and on there he has the manifold off and is using a dremel too. So if anybody has installed these on an obd0, please let me know, thanks.

you can get the injectors and fuel rail off without taking off the manifold. theres 3 bolts along the rail then pull it off. easy. accordind to that write up all you have to do is dremel out the seals. you dont have to have it in the manifold to do that. he just did it so they wouldnt spin while using the dremel. just find something that will hold them securely and doesnt bend them.

but dont do that in the mani with it still on the block bc then all of that shit is going straight into your cylinders. then you'll have a whole new prob.

yeah, if yours is a 5th gen or higher. 4th gen came with. so you have to wire one in. its all in that write up. its a pretty good write up.

Back