dsm turbo on a ka?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

will the dsm turbo bolt-on to a ka turbo mani without having a custom made flange? or is there an adapter flange or anything?

EDIT: its a 95 eclipse turbo

considering there is no such thing as a STOCK ka turbo mani, that entirely depends on the manifold itself.

how much do you think it would cost to weld the dsm flange to a log manifold at a local shop? or is a stock dsm turbo even worth anything?(i'm shooting for something between 225 and 275 hp)

if you want that kinda power, a t25 or 14b won't get you there easily.

think about it. dsms have about the same compression - mid 8:1's -as the ka

2.0 vs 2.4

ka maf won't hold too much boost... so im going to guess 10 psi

dsms run about 15-18 psi stock. and make 200 crank hp.

buddy has a stock 98 240sx with a completely stock ka24de. With a basic bolt on 18G turbo and lots of tuning with 260HP, Never has any problems for the last 2 1/2 years. And stock compression on a KA is 9.5

a straight t4 will flow a lot more than 300 hp.
i'd say that site doesn't know wtf they are talking about.

you'd be amazed how much you can actually gain froma ka with head work. like shit-tons. flanges are easy welds too, you might have someone that you know that can do it for cheap, and if you are local to central florida, i have someone that might do it for cheap on a nissan. ;)

Damn its been forever since i was on this site... and right now I'm extremely interested in a Turboed KA ... so if anyone has a site or just a page that has enough information on this that would be cool.

-Aaron

I keep emailing myself links to stuff on turbo KAs... let me get it all organized and online, then I'll post something here and let everyone know. I really want to turbo my KA also, but the Civic comes first.

mmm, turbo KA truck. hehehe. remember kids and kittens, do somethin about that rear end! lol. mostly a pnp. open them babies up. thats what usually gains power.

calesta, perhaps a wrx turbo? or grand national? or even an SRT-4? would any of those be slightly larger then the eclipse/talon one?

Maybe- I'm not sure on the turbo. I have to take the time to read through a bunch of compressor maps at once so I can compare instead of try to remember, then decide. I've more been looking out for manifold options, since there are so few out there for the SOHC in comparison to the DOHC.

Rear end plans = aftermarket LSD or 4x4 LSD rear axle. The ports will definitely be opened up if I get a chance to swap the head. I have an extra KA24E on a stand in my garage...

you lucky SOB! i want a spare KA! dammit. think you could run with a pathfiner 4x4 rear? they even have deeper gears too. i want to turbo KA another hatch. bwahahhaha. RWD sucka! lol

Yeah, I'm thinking about a rear axle swap- I want the LSD. :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 8 2004, 11:26 AM
dsms run about 15-18 psi stock. and make 200 crank hp.

Are you serious? I thought that no stock turbo setup runs more than 7 psi, besides the new new cars likes the wrx and evos and what not. I remember asking somebody about it, but they might have been full of :bs:

Edit: I just checked out a site and it said that dsm's run about 10.5 lb's of boost stock.

Back