dual exhaust on 97 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigroy80

hey , ok here is my problem, i have my 2 mufflers now with 2.5 inch inlet. and today i went around to a few places and one of them said that there boss wouldnt let them do it because it was 2 big or somthing 2.5 inch all the way through. and another one that some one many places recomended i have to go back friday for them just to even check it out to see if they can do it. what is the deal with this i know u have to do the custom pipe bending and everything but is this really that difficult? how exactly do they do the dual exhaust on civics like mine thanks for the help

Umm, I would find a shop that is willing to do it and knows how. It isn't tough, its just like it goes back in the center then on the passenger side of the gas tank then the exhaust pipe side splits off after the gas tank and goes to both mufflers.

Any muffler shop can do it, it's as simple as measuring, bending, welding, and hanging.

I don't recommend you get a dual exhaust at all though, but yes it can be done.

Milan

Here are the steps:

1. Work up the nerve to pay for an utterly-useless dual exhaust on a 4-banger

2. Get real drunk after you see how it looks.

3. Get your seat REAL low in your Civic so you don't have to look at the people pointing and laughing.

dual exhaust on a 4 banger = useless

that is unless you just like the look..............

Originally posted by khrisb@Jul 9 2003, 03:08 PM
:owned:

This could be the most random OWNED smiley ever. Where is the ownange?

if you cant find a shop to do it, just have them weld one muffler on, then when you get home, just coathanger the other one on the other side. it will look sweet as hell. :rolleyes:

:withstupid:

if your going to do it anyway at least just get a single cat back then get a matching muffler and just mount it in place but dont run any tubing to it

this way your not fucking yourself as much
it will still look rediculous
it will still add weight
but it wont make you lose back presure

want a simple way? buy a flowmaster 1 in 2 out muffler, and have it installed.

Go to Midas.............saw them showing how they put dual exhaust on a civic by using all these "high-tech" machines on a commercial.......... :D

i dont know what to tell you about dual exhaust except sell one of your mufflers.

as far as corporate places such as monroe, midas, places like that, they are not allowed to put larger than stock piping on your car.

if ur car was really modded,ie. puttiing power down liek an s2k, then i guess a dual exhaust on a 4 banger would be understandable...

i just love the fact that 1000 horse supras and skylines STILL use single exahust.. and yet ricers still think 2 is better than one. lol
maybe only when it comes to your balls

Back