Dual Exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
all those " big name" companies had to start out somewhere though. i understand they are wanted because they have built a name for them selves but that doesnt explain anything really....look at APC.....super rice yet they get bigger and bigger every year......but then again..they do make HIGH quality rice parts. ;) and as for the dual exuast thing....most of the cars out there that are V8 or V6 run pipes that go from 2 header to single pipe to 2 pipes again and never change in diameter of the pipes ...so why wouldnt dual exaust help...if the pipes were equal length?? i mean an equal length tubing header helps 4 bangers doesnt it? and if you think about it you know it helps those horizontal mufflered hondas ( OBD1 integs, civics, crxs,etc.) ive seen alot of set ups from big performance names like that (espsecialy for the CRX)

but then again ....i say fuck a namebrand or non name brand for that matter.....run straight pipe from the header with no cat for max power gain that way you spend all your saved money from not buying those big named products on tickets and hearing aids for when your older! :worthy:

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Jan 15 2003, 11:50 PM
...they have built a name for them selves but that doesnt explain anything really....look at APC.....super rice yet they get bigger and bigger every year......but then again..they do make HIGH quality rice parts...

APC makes dogshit cheap crap there is nothing HIGH quality about anything they produce,except the stench of FnF led import consumer frenzy.

I've seen a couple civic running the side ways dual exhaust but still that doesn't change the fact that they don't need it.It produces nothing.

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Jan 15 2003, 05:50 PM
all those " big name" companies had to start out somewhere though. i understand they are wanted because they have built a name for them selves but that doesnt explain anything really....look at APC.....super rice yet they get bigger and bigger every year......but then again..they do make HIGH quality rice parts. ;) and as for the dual exuast thing....most of the cars out there that are V8 or V6 run pipes that go from 2 header to single pipe to 2 pipes again and never change in diameter of the pipes ...so why wouldnt dual exaust help...if the pipes were equal length?? i mean an equal length tubing header helps 4 bangers doesnt it? and if you think about it you know it helps those horizontal mufflered hondas ( OBD1 integs, civics, crxs,etc.) ive seen alot of set ups from big performance names like that (espsecialy for the CRX)

true performance cars like.. the Mustang (its considered a sports car), you can buy a X or H pipe to create equal flow and backpressure for low end torque. They dont use "straight pipes" unless its drag. Dual exhaust is for the ricers, if you agree.. goto stupidhonda.com and talk about how cool dual exhuast on a 4 cylinder is.

Dual exhuast on a 4 cylinder does NO good... end of story.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 15 2003, 06:19 PM
Dual exhuast on a 4 cylinder does NO good... end of story.

WE-FUCKING-RD There is a reason the Accord V6 has dual exhaust, and a 95 Civic VX dosen't, keep it that way!

Furthermore, any top-end gains you might see by running a header for each 2 cylinders and then running that out of separate exhausts (that is the only way any flow gain would be seen in a dual exhaust) would be negated by the extra weight of the extra exhaust pipe and muffler you had to add for your dual exhaust.

oh yeah reaver why do people buy name brand if it isnt for power??? is it for sound? durability? looks?. i thought on this site if you bought somethin for anything other reason then performance gaining it was considered " rice"..... i know you didnt buy yours because it looked good or sounded good.

My old muffler was an apexi dunk, now its nothing cause i sold it and was supposed to get the apex n1 but the cocksucker jason cleary scammed me :angry:

So until i can find a nice deal on a tanabe racing medallion or a apex n1, no muffler for me

Apex mufflers are made of 304 stainless, as are the welds. That means that they will not rust at the welds and have the pipe come loose at the back. Thats the durability part. Name brand parts are also typically more attractive than most cheap brand parts. Also, i find it rather embarrasing when someone asks you what kind of muffler you have, and you can either lie or admit you have a 50 dollar exhaust.

thought on this site if you bought somethin for anything other reason then performance gaining it was considered " rice

Every person has a different opinion on what rice is

Look at it this way- there is a reason parts are name brand. At one point no one knew about them. But one person bought their parts, realized it was good, and spread the word. Pretty soon the word is spread all over the place, and the company is making millions. How many name brand companies make junk? If they did- no one would buy it and as a result they would not be a name brand anymore

nissan skyline-
Inline 6
one manifold
one exhaust

if its good enough for a skyline to make power-- ohh, i've seen 1200 horspowers ones on yup, still a single, then its good enough for you 78 hp civic.

i cant believe that a topic on dual exhaust on a civic is 50 posts long, if he wants to get dual exhaust let him, its his car, i personally think it doesnt look good and will slow him down but let him do what he wants

Originally posted by FerioVtec94@Jan 17 2003, 03:18 PM
i cant believe that a topic on dual exhaust on a civic is 50 posts long, if he wants to get dual exhaust let him, its his car, i personally think it doesnt look good and will slow him down but let him do what he wants

umm, he did ask opinions on it...

Originally posted by B16+Jan 17 2003, 06:46 PM-->
FerioVtec94
@Jan 17 2003, 03:18 PM

umm, he did ask opinions on it...

haha yeah your right, i just thinks its funny that the topic is so long for dual exhaust on a civic

Originally posted by FerioVtec94@Jan 17 2003, 06:18 PM

:withstupid: After all this, if he still wants to do something :ghey: (not calling you gay btw) and waste his money, let him. B said it best w/ the skyline example, dual exhaust is waste, especially on a civic.

No this has been great, it shows how many of our posters have no idea how a fucking exhaust system works. In the end AutoZone shoppers...put down that bomb muffler and nifty LED squirters and listen....YOU ARE UNDENIABLY FUCKING IT UP FOR THE REST OF US. 14 ft. fucking SARD wing having, 3 inch drop on stock wheels sporting, "neon makes me wet" fat ass girlfriend loving.......grumble grumble grumble. :angry: :rolleyes: :eek: :blink:
P.S. sorry to the poor bastard that thought he ws just asking about some exhaust.

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Jan 18 2003, 04:04 PM
one car should tell you something.......Honda S2000........ 4 cylinder ... dual exuast.

Last time I checked, the Civic isn't pushing 280 hp...End of discussion, I win, dual exhuast is WRONG unless u have a shitty domestic or 250+ hp V6 Accord or S2000. I fucking win, topic is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back