Dumb Noob Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92accordF22auto

Dont mean to start with a dumb post but Im a domestic guy tryin to play with Honda's a little........And I tryed searching and couldnt find much help......

I have a 92 Accord F22a, It started as a joke but Im gonna be starting a DSM turbo kit for it.......heres me questions.....

Its an Auto, and from what I understand I will have Trouble tuning it, Is this correct? I know there is a ECU and a TCU

How much power can a Stock auto handle? I plan on running 5psi or so, keep it low, I would eventually swap to a 5 speed but I dont wanna sink too much money into it, Im not going for fast, just quicker and a nice "sleeper"

On that note how reliable can this be on a high miles 150k 14 year old car? This is my DD.....I know Alot of it is in the tune and how I dirve.....

Just a few before I think about it anymore, I appricate the help......

There's really no difference in tuning an auto vs manual- you just have to find a way to lock it into a specific gear for the length of your dyno run.

The stock auto should be able to handle 5psi from a DSM turbo. You might want to think about upgrading the torque converter though.

Reliability- run a compression test and a leakdown test to check the health of your engine. If both come out within spec, you'll probably be ok to boost for a while. I'm about to start boosting my 170k mile truck engine, and I have no hesitation- but the engine is still in original factory condition.

I was also thinking......Doesnt the H22 Prelude come in a Auto? Can I use there Trans or are they different? I know the H22 Stock has 200+hp so a boosted F22 should be fine with it right......

Yeah, the Prelude did come with an automatic. If you're looking to swap the transmissions, don't get one from an SH. You might have ECU issues too.

I think if you're only looking at 200hp or so, the stock F22 transmission will be fine.

Back