1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dust shield

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by kricket3000, Oct 9, 2008.

1. kricket3000

kricket3000 New Member

I have a 88 crx hf. I'm swaping a B18A1, I have to use DA spindals I need to remove the dust shield; how do you take them off?

2. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

if you're using da spindles its my understanding that you do not have to remove the dust shields. in the event i'm wrong and you do need to remove then then just use a flat head screw driver to pop them out. not hard at all. i actually thought you could use the hf hubs now that i think about. its just the dx and std hubs which won't work with the b18 axles.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

word..dust shields ar just sitting right on there..yakes little to no effort

4. kricket3000

kricket3000 New Member

thanks gentlemaen, i was thinking it was the big dust sheild,the big piece of metal larger than the rotor. i could not understand what that big piece had to do with anything, but that's what i had read in my reserach, thanks agian i'm an idiot!!!:confused:

5. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

If your using DA spindles then there is no reason to remove them, you only have to on the Civic spindles.

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

It's actually HF and Std hubs that won't work with B-series axles. They have a smaller spline diameter than the DX/EX/Si.

7. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

ok cool, cause i was hearing conflicting stories. good to get that cleared up [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted