DVD Burners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jan 1 2004, 11:09 PM
I LOVE my Sony CDRW.... I dunno when I'm going to get around to buying a DVD burner, tho.

I have a Sony dru 510a dvd burner and the damn thing don't work for shit!...tried to get sony to help me out but they haven't gotten back to me yet( it's been at least 2 weeks) i'd think twice about sony from now on for customer service reasons if nothing else.

Originally posted by TDaddy+Jan 5 2004, 03:35 AM-->
@Jan 1 2004, 11:09 PM
I LOVE my Sony CDRW.... I dunno when I'm going to get around to buying a DVD burner, tho.

I have a Sony dru 510a dvd burner and the damn thing don't work for shit!...tried to get sony to help me out but they haven't gotten back to me yet( it's been at least 2 weeks) i'd think twice about sony from now on for customer service reasons if nothing else.

this is why i read reviews and wait a few months before buying stuff :D
btw i get my stuff from newegg.com, they have great selection and some good deals.

Originally posted by DarkHand+Jan 2 2004, 11:31 PM-->
@Jan 2 2004, 08:58 PM
I have DVD X COPY. It's ok. I have like 100 DVD-R's. Shitty part is, I don't copy DVD's because any DVD you have is Dual layer, 9 GB. All you can buy is 4.7 GB. You need at least two discs for every movie, and sometimes three.

Nice part is you can cut out anything you want. I'm waiting for the Dual layered discs, or some better compression software.

There's software out that can fit 9gb movies on 4gb discs... You lose a few things like extra languages and stuff, but there's no perceptable loss in quality.

DVDSqueeze, or something like that comes to mind.. that might not be the exact name, but the software is out there to do just that.

DVDShrink is what your after.

and yeah you'll never be able to copy every single bit of info from a DVD movie that you rent, but being able to copy just the movie and the audio track is all I'll need. If I want the extra features I'll buy the disc.

Back