Dyno day for me!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

so the day has finally come to see what my motor car do. this should be great seeing as i built the motor myself, aside from the PnP and the machine work. but tomorrow im heading out to church automotive to see what my car puts out on a dynopak dyno.

my setup is: 89 civic hatchback si

Bottom end: b18c
.25 over b16 pistions
decked .003
rebuilt bottom end w/acl bearings
lightened Flywheel

Head: 00 b16
PnP
3 angle valve job
dual valve springs ( brand unknown )
stock valves
ITR cams
milled .030-.040
RC 310 CC injectors

Bolt ons:
skunk 2 IM
NGk iridiums
holley 68mm TB
hondata intake gasket
Dc 4-2-1 header
test pipe
2.25 in exhaust
Aem hybrid CAI
B&M fuel pressure regualator
MSD plug wires
Home made ground kit

Ecu:
Obd1 P28
chipped and socketed, going to be tuned on chrome

Compression is about 235 across all 4, and i beleive my compression ratio is about 12-1-1.

any one have any guesses as to what this is going to put out? im thinking maybe 170+ at the wheels? but i will know forsure tomorrow and ill post pics asap.

Nice, I was very close to putting B16 pistons in my B18C also. I'd like to know how it turns out. I bet you make about 180. I made 186whp on my B18C with toda pistons and CTR cams. You should be close to that.

Nice, I was very close to putting B16 pistons in my B18C also. I'd like to know how it turns out. I bet you make about 180. I made 186whp on my B18C with toda pistons and CTR cams. You should be close to that.

186 hp in a del sol must rip...

churches dyno reads high too. dynapaks generally read higher then dynojets.

your hp is dropping off because your trq dropped off, did you blow a headgasket or something on the dyno?

no i didnt, or i hope i didnt. . . . .

church said that its prob my valve adjustment and that it might be a lil loose. Because my head was making some ticking sounds at idle. he gave me the explaination that if your valve adjustment is off or to loose, it'll make the cams essentially smaller, with a smaller lift and shorter duration, which could cause the loss of power uptop.

if i had blown something wouldnt my power be suffering all over the chart, and not just at the top end and wouldnt my TQ be lower if something was wrong?

another idea was my exhaust. . . but 1st im going to do a valve adjustment

and yes i noe dynopacks read higher, iw ould like to think they dont =), but i noe they do. . .

loose exhaust valves -_-, i could fit .009 in the exhaust side when its supposed to be .007, or was it .006. . . but ne who, i gotta wait for my car to cool down a lil more and ill post some more results.

i reaally dont think the problem is exuast valves...

sure loose valves will make the cam "smaller" but i dont see that effecting it THAT much. i mean if you are .001 too loose it only makes the cam .001 off. not that much really.

just my opinion that the problem is elsewhere

that header is undoubtedly killing power too.
your setup would benefit from more aggressive cams too

thanks for the info, but yesi agree its prob my shitty exhaust system, from the header back. . . dc's arent all that great, but then again i got them for free ( haha ), then theres my muffler shop muffler which is prob very restrictive. . . would a restrictive exhaust effect the results that much?

Back