Dyno'd the Neon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
neonondyno.jpg

I worked all day Saturday on the Neon to get it ready to run on the dyno. I had never checked the coolant since the time I bought the car, so why not right. WELL, I take off the filler cap and there is a milky white sludge in there :eek: I ran down to the autostore picked up 2 gallons of 50/50 and ran back home. Flushed the rad a bunch of times then hooked up the garden hose to the heater core lines and pumped it out. My driveway was a friggin mess after :lol: It was like a sludge skating rink :p

Sunday comes, I get to the shop early.....Check tire pressures, check all the fluids, purge the NOS quick and I'm ready. Pulled her up on the dyno and filled the car up with 108unleaded :D. Ran about 15 minutes with no load on the rollers to get the race gas in the lines and to blip the NOS a couple times to get the bottle pressure up. Their tach signal lead was messed up so we had to use the smart tach. Not a big deal but they're new to this dyno so it took a lil to set it up right. We did a bunch of NA runs, the best was 148whp and I forget the tq, it was just a lil shy of what the whp number was. None of these NA runs saved into the PC so there isn't any plots for it. I need cam gears and something to tune the car with!!! So I'll be back to get more numbers NA and on the bottle. Here's the best run on the bottle:

neondyno.jpg

I wish I could've got a vid of these guys and my LOUD car. They were like OH its not a big deal, FWD car and the exhaust sticks out the garage........It was cool 4K, 4500.....5K and WAHHHHHHHHHHHH. They both franticaly grabbed their ears!!! :rofl:

I wish I wouldve changed tires, it took them awhile to set it all up and the tires got cold and hard. I still had the Victo's on, you can see the tires burned out on the dyno a lil in the beginning of the pull.

yeah, time to fix that weird curve :)

but very nice, nonetheless!

That drop off at the end is me letting off the NOS button. I usually let off just before the redline to be safe. The power stil rolls off just not THAT bad. I need cams again :(

hahahaha thats hot i never thought that car would survive this long after the abuse we gave it but holy crap is that impressive.

Back