E has some competition!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

in that it is still about 2 seconds quicker than what a Geo Metro can muster up...a car that gets 30 mpg LESS than the Insight.

What kind of gas mileage do those typically see? I saw constant 40mpg in my 5 speed 1.0L 3 cyl 91 Metro... thats with driving it like a teenager too.

Best I ever got was 55 City... only happened once.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 8 2004, 09:44 PM
thats sweet i didn't even know they had enough power to do burnouts.. i figured u would pull up the e brake drop the clutch and the car woulddie .. BAHAHA none the less thats a sweet lil burnout
[post=400301]Quoted post[/post]​

E did a burnout with his at the Bristol autox once. I saw it. Apparantly, he did it in the upper lot while they were handing out awards, and they weren't impressed. lol.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Oct 8 2004, 10:43 PM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 8 2004, 10:17 PM
pheonixb16aguy
@Oct 8 2004, 09:44 PM
thats sweet i didn't even know they had enough power to do burnouts.. i figured u would pull up the e brake drop the clutch and the car woulddie .. BAHAHA none the less thats a sweet lil burnout

E did a burnout with his at the Bristol autox once. I saw it. Apparantly, he did it in the upper lot while they were handing out awards, and they weren't impressed. lol.
[post=400327]Quoted post[/post]​

anyways way off topic but can you swap anything into those or has anybody yet?? other than like a full out custom built drag motor .. like a k series or b series??
[post=400343]Quoted post[/post]​

um... WHY? It's a hybrid... it's built for economy, why would you spend the money on an economy car to swap a motor? Sure, sleeper this... but that just doesn't seem worthwhile.

If you want a light car to do a swap, go the normal route... CRX/EG, b18c1... the works.

It's been done already. There's a low 10 second K20 powered Insight (still FWD) running around somewhere.

By the way, I just read that article- I've seen it quite a few times before. I think the guy did that about 2 years ago, maybe more.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Oct 8 2004, 11:06 PM-->
um... WHY? It's a hybrid... it's built for economy, why would you spend the money on an economy car to swap a motor? Sure, sleeper this... but that just doesn't seem worthwhile.

If you want a light car to do a swap, go the normal route... CRX/EG, b18c1... the works.
[post=400344]Quoted post[/post]​

Because the Insight is really really really really light? Even more than the CRX or an EG hatch, especially after you pull out the batteries.

revolution8k
@Oct 8 2004, 11:08 PM
i can understand that, but why buy a hybrid to swap it?
[post=400355]Quoted post[/post]​

Weight, plus it gets more attention at the strip.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 8 2004, 11:15 PM
plus if i had the money and owned a shop/race team why the fuck not.. id do it for shits and giggles
[post=400360]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats true I guess. I just don't see the point of it.

Cal, how much do those hybrids weigh??

Let's see... let me go look on Edmunds like you could have in the time it took me to type out this fragment of a sentence............

Curb Weight: 1856 lbs. (2001 model year)

Pull the batteries and everything else, drop in a K and you can still probably be under 1900 pounds without pulling out anything else. Strip the interior, get rid of a lot of the extra garbage that you need to be street and crash legal (like glass) and you can get the car down to something ridiculously light.

I would have but I'm also talking to like 8 people on aim. If I really cared I woulda gone and looked it up, but thanks.

There's a point to where I'll ask and where I'm really curious enough to go look shit up.

I hate navagating through edmunds though. :)

I know, I said thanks. :D

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 8 2004, 09:44 PM

any ff car can do a burnout if the e-brake it pulled and you redline . . .

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 8 2004, 11:06 PM
the 92-95 civics were built for the economy but yet the put a HUGE dent in the import modification world .. i dont know why people make economy cars fast.. prolly for self satisfaction !
[post=400351]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats funney, im stil a lil disatisfied lol :ph34r:

thay also look pimp if you take off back whell covers, lower them and slap rims on em.

look like new crx's

Back