ebay turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i guess you didnt even read what i said earlier steven. i said this is not my name im under my buddys name. i have a 93 civic ex. he has a 96 hatch that doesnt run cuz he has no moter and now hes selling it

well after reading what some people have posted. what' you've said doesnt make much sense. so no i'm sorry i havent read it. but not trying to be a dick dude. do a reasonable swap. do this using legit parts. save your money and do it all right. ask questions and do research. so my bad for jumping down ur shit. good luck. do it right though. no ebay parts

its a wer stage 2 the one for turbos and nitrous with the short duration

Ah, ok. That should be fine for turbo then.

Still, I'd probably stay away from the E-Bay turbo kits. They're just not worth it in my opinion. Also keep in mind that a lot of the E-Bay kits don't come with any type of engine management, or just some very basic piggyback device that shouldn't really be used to tune a turbo properly. Seven or eight hundred bucks for a turbo kit may sound like a deal, but then when you add in the cost of a decent engine management solution, plus upgrading a few parts, you're going to be looking at probably $1,500 at the least anyway. At that point you might as well spend a little more and do it right in the first place...

sohc is alot cheaper for me andf all the power i need right now. i really want a b18 but i can just put that money in my z6. like forged pistons eagle rods etc...

definitely piece together a kit, I was going with a Turbo D-Series before, but my plans got spoiled but I had already spent over $1000 on parts and that was with good quality used parts, and if I woulda finished buying stuff i woulda spent at the least 1300 if not closer to 1500, which isn't bad considering most kits are more than that and do not come with everything you need. You don't even have to get brand new parts for everything, I have asked similar questions check out some of the advice people gave me when I was posting about doing a turbo build. When it comes to spending around $1000 give or take a few hundred you might as well spend a few more hundred and get good quality stuff.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but if you are only running no more than 6 psi then you don't really need any sort of engine management, even thought it would be better. piggy backs are decent for a do-it-yourselfer that just wants a decent tune if they know what they are doing. engine management is a good idea and the best way to go, but not always neccesary like most of you seem to think.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but if you are only running no more than 6 psi then you don't really need any sort of engine management, even thought it would be better. piggy backs are decent for a do-it-yourselfer that just wants a decent tune if they know what they are doing. engine management is a good idea and the best way to go, but not always neccesary like most of you seem to think.

Further explanation please. Why do you feel this way?

Yes, OP be warned, your thread is most likely about to turn into a flame fest, lol...

man-on-fire.jpg

Attachments

• man-on-fire.jpg
    man-on-fire.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 145
Nothing agenst anybody. It just seems as though most people think that you must get some sort of engine management to have any sort of forced induction. I just wanted those whom may not know already, that you do not always have to have some sort of engine management or a piggy back, though the engine management is the overall best way to go. Also, you don't have to chip either. I just want to let those with a smaller wallet that you can have forced induction without getting a high dollar management system then pay to have someone else tune it, even though crome is free but the other parts to use crome are not.

Ebay kits aren't all that bad....I have an XS power kit from ebay that I've been rockin for a while now. The only thing that was junk with it was the manifold. That thing didn't last too long before I started getting some cracks. Also, don't count on the charge piping to line up perfectly either, that may require some modification, same with the downpipe, be prepared to take it to an exhaust shop to get it cut and re-welded because it might not line up right with the stock flanges.

Nothing agenst anybody. It just seems as though most people think that you must get some sort of engine management to have any sort of forced induction. I just wanted those whom may not know already, that you do not always have to have some sort of engine management or a piggy back, though the engine management is the overall best way to go. Also, you don't have to chip either. I just want to let those with a smaller wallet that you can have forced induction without getting a high dollar management system then pay to have someone else tune it, even though crome is free but the other parts to use crome are not.

Uh, ok? You just repeated pretty much exactly what you said above. Explain to me why you think it's ok to run boosted without engine management? Did someone tell you this? Personal experience? Just an opinion, what?

LMAO! Damn it man. I can't rep you again! :doh: Someone else take care of him for me, please. :D
Uh, ok? You just repeated pretty much exactly what you said above. Explain to me why you think it's ok to run boosted without engine management? Did someone tell you this? Personal experience? Just an opinion, what?

:ditto: once again. Where are you getting your information from that you shouldn't run with any type of engine management when boosting?

Ebay kits aren't all that bad....I have an XS power kit from ebay that I've been rockin for a while now. The only thing that was junk with it was the manifold. That thing didn't last too long before I started getting some cracks. Also, don't count on the charge piping to line up perfectly either, that may require some modification, same with the downpipe, be prepared to take it to an exhaust shop to get it cut and re-welded because it might not line up right with the stock flanges.

To me, that's exactly the reason you SHOULDN'T buy an E-Bay kit. If the manifold is of such low quality that it's going to crack and need replaced, then that says two things to me: 1.) If the manifold is junk, some of the other parts I probably junk too, and 2.) If I'm going to end up having to replace stuff and having the parts modified to fit better, then I should probably just spend that money up front to get a better quality kit rather then spending it later to repair and/or replace the crappy stuff.

I dunno though, that's just me... :shrug2:

LMAO! Damn it man. I can't rep you again! :doh: Someone else take care of him for me, please. :D

Done.

Nothing agenst anybody. It just seems as though most people think that you must get some sort of engine management to have any sort of forced induction.

Of course you don't NEED engine management. You can slap a turbo on there and go if you want to, nobody's stopping you. The question though, is how long is your Honda engine (an engine which wasn't designed for boost) going to last without a tune? Also, a well-tuned engine is going to put out more power and have a smoother power-band then an un-tuned one...

Back