Ebay Turbo Kit...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRB16A

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Ive been thinking about getting a turbo kit and have posted here before. From what pissedoffsol said that the Garrett t3/t4 would be a good kit for the B16A. Would this kit be worth it? I think the price is something that I could afford. I have seen some for around 3k.

And what else would I need with this kit to do the complete bolt on. I know I need a good FMU, possible some bigger injectors off a DSM, I already have a Walpro 255 fuel pump and everything else looks to be there.

How much do you think an import shop would charge to install the turbo and tune it with hondata and dyno it to make sure everything is running good?

Thanks,
4DRB16A
(hopefully about to be turbo)

P.S. If this does not seem to be a good kit what would you guys recommend?

DO NOT .....DOOO NNNNOOOOTTTT buy that kit, The only thing it is good for is pissing you off trust me. I would go with a revhard or drag kit to start off with. BUT, Your best bet would be to find your own parts and peice your kit together, it Does end up to be cheaper most of the time. Dont get an FMU either, go with crome or hondata...or somthing similar.

never buy that kit.

id rather have a greddy kit, and that snot saying much.

honestly, the best bet, is piecing your own kit together,

and lukily for you, i make and sell some sweet ass turbo manifolds :cool:

GOOD LORD MAN DONT DO IT...STOP...PUT THE PAYPAL DOWN AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY! Acutally FUCK SLOWLY, RUN THE FUCK AWAY!

Listen to the guys up there, piece together your own stuff...youll be better off in the end.

good looking cash,.

so whats your price range on piecing this kit together,

im sure i can offer some suggestions to help you reach your goal.

"put the paypal down."
ROFL! :p

yeah, stay away from ssautochrome.... junk.

installation isn't tough. the hardest part is probably tapping the oil pan for the return line. you can do it yourself.

Well I just called a local shop in Kansas City, MO and I told them I wanted to boost my b16a. The guys was telling me that it would not be worth it to boost a b16a. He said that I would be better off just building my motor up to be n/a.

He was trying to say that it will run turbo fine for a while but eventually will mess up the motor. I think I am going to stay far away from this shop.

He was telling me that I should get titanium springs/retainers, skunk 2 cam, etc... instead of getting a turbo.

Quoted post[/post]]
"put the paypal down."
ROFL! :p

yeah, stay away from ssautochrome.... junk.

installation isn't tough. the hardest part is probably tapping the oil pan for the return line. you can do it yourself.

:ditto: i wouldnt buy it at all man. SSAUTOCHROME has a very bad reputation around here and ive even thought about buying shit from him but from what ive heard from others who have had his stuff..... im better off making my own shit. i've heard som ok things about his turbos but things like his manifolds cracking, downpipws not matching up, kits comming with only half the shit shipped.....stuff like this would deffiantely make me not buy it

....another thing is .....I would deffiantely stay away from buying from someone who sells that much shit but refuses to put a phone number or give an e-mail address that you will actually get a response from if you have a question. ive e-mailed that guy about 4 or 5 times about questions and hes never responded back to me. and good luck tryn to get in touch with them otherwise!!!

I was reading their feedback...aparently they've got a seperate email just for complaints.

i live outside of kcmo. what shop was it that you called? i pieced my kit together for less than $1000 and all i have left to get is manifold to turbo gaskets. there are a few shops i could recommend, but would really like to know what shop it is that you called.

Quoted post[/post]]
i live outside of kcmo. what shop was it that you called? i pieced my kit together for less than $1000 and all i have left to get is manifold to turbo gaskets. there are a few shops i could recommend, but would really like to know what shop it is that you called.

Nu Image Auto Salon..... where at in Misery do you live I live in St. Joseph.

P.S. What shops would u recommend?

i live in leavenworth, ks. about 30 minutes from north kc. i hear minh's motorsports is really good. if tokyo image is still open, i would recommend them as well. dieman's might be able to help out. i personally have not been to any but tokyo image, and the guy there was really cool and showed me his drag crx and a few customers cars. this was last year, so i'm sure he is still around. as far as minh's and diemans, i know people who have been there and have nothing but praise for the both of them. i haven't heard much about nu image, so i can't really say to go or not go, but if they say boosting a b16 isn't worth it... then i dunno. i guess the high compression would be a problem, but nothing that some ls pistons can't slightly fix. i'm in the middle of turbo'ing my b16 and have been getting alot of help from the guys here on hondaswap.

any shop with some sort of chinese symbolic name, id stay away.

you dont need a shop, itll just cost you a ton more cash, for them to do something you are capable of, but might not even realize it.. its so easy.

also, i will however vouche for ssautochrome wasteagtes, thats all i have been using with no issue for about 5 yrs now.

minh is the guys name that owns the shop. i would recommend him, as dieman's is more known for wrx/sti tunes (from what i hear). i plan on taking my wrx to dieman's for the tune when finances allow it, and my ef to minh's for the tune.

i will however vouche for ssautochrome wasteagtes, thats all i have been using with no issue for about 5 yrs now

you made my day...send me a pm with a quote on a dump tube for a 40mm from them...

as far as a kit....take our advise and read the FAQ in HMT...youll know mostly everything you need to know

the making of a dumptube, depends on your setup.

shit i could make you a mani downpipe dumptube kit, if you wanted

but if your using a diff mani, youd have to send me the orientation of the wg, and some approx measurements fo rme to make it work.

i just " came into" a new 40mm from them. the post is in forced induction on hmt.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=50849.0

read up bitches

Back