ecu question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AAPcarnut

alright here is my set up and i would like some advice been awhile since in the honda game but i have alway built non v-tec motors well i'm picking up a ef hatch with ls tranny stage 2 racing clutch 8Lbs flywheel with a b16a bottom end stock i believe with a b16a head type r cams and vavle train intake manifold bbk throtle body intake and it is running a pg6 (i think) i know it is the obdo LS ecu..... now my question if i was to get a PR3 ecu It should be plug in done but i know i will have to fine the one wire/pin to wire the V-tec up right ?!?! Also it has a little hassantion every once in a while in you get into it was told it was because the oxygen senors is not hookend up yet that sound about right? The EF has alot of butt to it right not when you get into it but i would really like to run it with v-tec.....

other opition was to hook the vtec wire up to a shift light and set it on the tach....
or a Apexi VAFC..

What advice can you give me? Thank you for reading all that lol:D

forget the shift light, and yeah hook the o2 sensor up and if your running a vtec motor past 3000rpm without vtec working there a chance you can mess the motor up, just get the correct ecu and run the vtec wire and be done with it.

so basiaclly putting in a pr3 in it should be same wire clips into ecu and just haveing to run the vtec wire from under hood to ecu and put incorrect pin ? just making sure before i do more

question what about a jumper harness from obd1 - obdo now with that and a p30 ecu all i have to do is wire vtec and 4 wire O2 sensor

Back