ECU question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jackgetoff

will a p2t(2000 SiR and a p72(because i have b18c) swap without any new harnesses and all thata jazz, also will the ecu conflict with any of the cars elctrical components, ?>

youll have to disable the knock sensor on the P72 (dunno if you can do that with an OBD2 P72)

If you have an OBD1 P72, it will need to be chipped and have a conversion harness.

i like to repost PM answered questions just so people can search easier:

Okay, i read the question wrong. I didnt realize you had a GSR swapped Si. Yes you should be using a P72, but both OBD1 and OBD2 P72s will require a conversion harness. The Civic is OBD2b the ECU would be OBD2a.

If you keep the engine stock, go with the OBD2 ECU. If you plan to turbo or do some kind of serious mods (not I/H/E) then go with an OBD1 so you can tune later.

Quoted post[/post]]
will a p2t(2000 SiR and a p72(because i have b18c) swap without any new harnesses and all thata jazz, also will the ecu conflict with any of the cars elctrical components, ?>

why would he have to disable the Knock Sensor? I don't understand this, would you explain?

i didnt realize he swapped a GSR when i wrote that. I thought he wanted to use the P72 to run a B16

do they really...i was pretty sure the A3 didnt and i was just carrying that (apparently incorrect) notion over to this question.

Back