Edelbrock 65mm throttle body

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

I just purchased an edelbrock 65mm throttle body but the throttle body seem hard to pull. I reved the engine up to 8k RPM and the throttle plate only open 25% not even 3/4. the spring coils on the throttle body are really tight and I assumed this is what cause it. I unlock the nut and loosen the spring coils on the throttle and same thing happen,the plate wont open fully. Any help or suggestion?

is it physically not openening 100%? or is the percentage you read on your VAFC? could be the TPS is not calibrated?

as i mention on the post, I reved the engine up to 8000 RPM and the throttle plate only tilted a little bit, approximately 25%. When I manually open the throttle body, there is a scraching sound, which I assume to be the springs, but I was wrong, it was the throttle plate that make the noise. there is no visible scrach on the inside of the throttle body, but the steam that hold the throttle plate with two tiny screws seem to be harder to pull by the cable than the stock. I sent the throttle back and hopefully they exchange for a new one or refund me back. thanks for the helps!

Back