ef boost? d16a6 internals?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF_si

do it right
I was wondering if you guys think i should go with just an ebay turbo kit running only about 6 pounds. idk what i want to do. what about internals for going NA I just need a little direction and ideas thanks

ok
n/a you want hig compression-doent make as much power in the long run
turbo-you can turbo on stock internals with the a6 bottom end up to about 8 psi safely..or you can build the bottom end and hold more.

the a6 bottom end is known to be the strongest 1.6 motor out of them all..
also if your going n/a you can put a d16z6 head on it,and then youll have a little higher compression and vtec..
either way as blanco said,we need goals and budget

My budget is pretty good, i know about the mini me swap. Im not really looking for a race car. Its my daily driver i just want something differant. I like the single cam idea, its differant and it would be alot of fun smoking the dohc

psi doesnt mean shit unless you tell us the turbo your talking going to use, 8psi on a gt35r will blow that motor apart but 8psi on a t25 will be fine. the most important part of any turbo setup is engine managment, since you are obd0 you could use turboedit, or convert to obd1 and use crome/neptune/hondata etc. dont listen to people who dont run turbo setups on their car

your an idiot..just because i dont run turbo doesnt mean i dont know anything about them/honestly you should just shut the fuck up now..

we will help him with wich route to go when he decides what he wants to do

yeah you know a ton about turbos pal. all i said is you can not determain psi until you know what style/size turbo you will be running. i can understand your trying to help, but dont give him wrong info. also dont give turbo advice unless you actually have/ used one on a setup, go post about mini me's or something

ok i understand that psi cant be determined until the size of turbo is set..
my fault for not clarifying that you can hold about 8-10 psi on a smaller turbo..these are roundabout figures..
he has not determined what he wants yet.so im giving him the starting info for the options he has...
and how do you know if i have or have not run a turbo setup?!?

by they way you talk about them, you are very general about the topic, you can just tell idn

ok not to be a dick. butcould we keep on the subject. im leaning more to na. were can i find internals for the a6

n/a you want high compression pistons,just look around for them..
but you do know that n/a doesnt make near as much power as turbo right?
and its more expensive to get decent power,compared to turbo

well high comp pistons are a must for n/a, dont go to high on compression or your car wont run on anything less than race gas thou. you should also get a very aggressive cam, but with that you have to upgrade springs and retainers, may as well go oversized valves, headwork is a must. the key to all motor cars is making all your mods work well with each other. really im going to be very blunt with you thou, if you are sticking with the d16a6 you may as well go turbo. if you swap motors to a b/k/h series then you can go all motor and have a sick ass car

^ i agree..
dont buy parts because of the name though..this is the worst thing you can do..
you need to actually research some parts.
also a little higher compression pistons and a worked z6 head will get you some pretty good numbers...

Im alos thinkg about just doing a simple zc swap. many peaple say it isnt worth it. Im on the fence

dohc zc. the block says zc just for clarefication

for what reason???there are really no aftermarket parts for them..
if you swap anything atleast do a b series

That is what i was thinkg. i love the d series idea. it doesnt suck Im just wondering what i sould do. dont be an ass hole

That is what i was thinkg. i love the d series idea. it doesnt suck Im just wondering what i sould do. dont be an ass hole

you need to take whatever d series advice blaanco gives you, reguardless of his implied tone. hes the resident d series guru around here. read his single cam build thread, that shit is impressive and right along the lines of what youre looking to do.

Back