EF hatch...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Or does it really matter?

I'm buying a '91 Std hatch. I know it's gutless, but that's beside the point. It's cheap on insurance and it gets phenomenal mileage for a non-hybrid. Anyway, I just want to do basic bolt-ons - wheels and tires, springs, intake/exhaust for now.

I'm looking at wheels (Rota of course) and I'm liking the GT3 or the new Track-R.
Before anyone says "slips r teh awsum!!" I don't really like them. They're, I hate to say, played.

My point is, I'll probably be getting the Tokico kit that consists of their 1.5" springs and a set of Blues. I don't need anything better for daily driving.

If I get 15s I'll more than likely run 205/50s and if I run 16s I'll run 205/40s. Low-pro doesn't bother me because I used to run 18s with 215/35s so I know how low-pros ride.

What's everyone's opinions on this? Are 16s too big for an EF?

I'd say stick to 15's, especially is there are a lot of bumps in the road near you, 15's are big enough for looks and still dont sacrifice handling.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Sep 26 2005, 02:11 PM
15's

get some meshies cheaper than knock off's and look better imo

wanna see em on an EF check the link in the sig B)
[post=560561]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean this pic?
LSwheelsoncar.jpg

fuck rotas there are plenty of other wheels out there that weigh the same or less for around the same price
sure you might end up spending a little more but you ont be rolling on the exact same fucking wheels as every other asshole with an import out there

fucking sick of seeing rotas
IMO they are about as cool as the assclowns still rolling on the 1992 tri-stars

Originally posted by brian11to1+Sep 26 2005, 02:56 PM-->
Speedracer228
@Sep 26 2005, 02:11 PM
15's

get some meshies cheaper than knock off's and look better imo

wanna see em on an EF check the link in the sig B)
[post=560561]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean this pic?
LSwheelsoncar.jpg

[post=560585]Quoted post[/post]​

that would be it.....

ive lowered it back down since then, i was 4X4'n for a bit there

Hey - at least I'm not looking for slipstreams like all the other bozos on the JDM bandwagon. I happen to like the look of certain Rota models, and the fact that they are lightweight only helps the thought.

If you've got a better idea, let me know E.

I want a fucking EF/ED so bad. Idiots around here tear em all to fucking hell and still want like upwards of $2k.... Im very fucking mad.

1200 for a decent condition ED/EF? I'd be all over it. Here, the shitty ones are fucking $2500+

Back