Eg Si Advice..U.S. B18c1 or JDM H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK i have a few questions

1. I have a 94 si hb dont know if i should though my buddies h22 or buy a US spec gsr

2.the h22 is coming out a 94 ex coupe.. a local tuner did all the wiring the question is would dat wire harness on the coupe just plug and play into my hb

3. the motor is still in the coupe it starts runs fine

4. i love b series but h22 is a monster

5. another 1 of my buddies would trade me his b20/vtec complete swap for the h22
he ran 14.4 all motor with a stock ass motor in the same car as mine

Need some advice

1) Your choice.

2) Yes

3) Good sign

4) So do I, yes it is.

5) CRVtec isn't a "stock" motor, depends on the build, do you trust it? Personally, if the H22 was installed right, and runs, and will come with everything to swap into your car, I would go that route over someone elses frankenstein, unless I really trusted their work.

h22....a lot of people are going to tell you "parts are too expensive" and other stuff..but thats why we do what we do...to spend money,and go faster....once u get past sleeving it...and do the same amount of work as u would to a bseries engine..they cant be compared.

ill ask you the same thign that i was asked when i had the same prob. whats your goal for the car. weekend terror or daily driver. what type of driving do you do. if you live out west id say h because its all flat and straight. if you live in the east with hills and turns id say b. i live in ct and i chose the gsr because its my daily. and my last piece to chew on would b cost. for me it was either 2250 from hmo for the h or a turbo setup for a d series that i spent 1000 on. so if you know the answers to those questions you should be able to pick the best on for you. have fun

H22 all the way and YES it is a monster. I know alot of other people will tell you to run the GSR motor but I have 6 friends with a H22 swap and they never look back.

Originally posted by integraslut78@May 3 2005, 10:18 AM
H22 all the way and YES it is a monster. I know alot of other people will tell you to run the GSR motor but I have 6 friends with a H22 swap and they never look back.
[post=494493]Quoted post[/post]​

granted that motor is a monster, that will affect the the handling of the car too. because it is so frekin huge...

Originally posted by 92dxhatch+May 3 2005, 01:47 PM-->
integraslut78
@May 3 2005, 10:18 AM
H22 all the way and YES it is a monster.  I know alot of other people will tell you to run the GSR motor but I have 6 friends with a H22 swap and they never look back.
[post=494493]Quoted post[/post]​

granted that motor is a monster, that will affect the the handling of the car too. because it is so frekin huge...
[post=494500]Quoted post[/post]​

there was an article on this, the h22 only weighs 40lbs more than a b16, if done right it wont affect the handling, we did 2 the right way and no handling problems.
1 we left too low, and did have major handling issues, apparently the car doesnt like to go when the downpipe is smashed into the ground.
who knew :lol:
PS: go h22 man.

SWEET, what exactly did you you do to keep the handling good, i wanna know.

plus i thought the h22 was more than 40lbs, cool.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@May 3 2005, 04:18 PM
SWEET, what exactly did you you do to keep the handling good, i wanna know.

plus i thought the h22 was more than 40lbs, cool.
[post=494560]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, i didnt personally weigh them, but there was a huge write up on it, either here or at Honda-Tech that i read and it was great information.
To keep the handling 'good' we raised the car up and used a camber kit, andd bought a cheapo strut bar, it was fine on all of em with the same setup.
The camber kit actually DID help control on the coupe.
That was it, :worthy: h22

Raising the car had more to do with handling than the camber kit. I can stand on my motor and the camber will not be bad enough to fix. H22 beiong a little heavier isn't going to throw camber out of whack more than lowering it too much.

If your wanting good handling with the H22 Monster the best thing to do would be to put a good set of srpings that are made for that application Hasport racing makes a set and most sports compact places sell them thats what helps with the handling the camber kit doesnt do that much for it just corrects the wheels so your not eating up tires all the time the springs and shocks are what helps aslo like the other guy said a strut bar would help to keep the body from flexing with all the added torque. would not recommend lowering it to much gonna have some scraping problems with the down pipe and header. you can lower it and make it handle good with a good set of springs and shocks that are ment for the little extra weight.

ya boy steveo

CLICK HERE

i did a little reserach of my own on this one, scaled my car on leveled scale pads and the results are scattered throughout the about thread.

Do the h22 you won't regret it

thanx im gonna start takin the h22 out soon ima need to get a header because his stock down pipe is really smashed so other then dat im good

Back