EG with 97-01 Lude front clip????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18C1THatch

I unfortunally just had to sell my 92' hatch (screen name) and now stable enough to start another project and was thinking- i seen a EG the other day with a integra front end, i dont know if it was a clip or just a front end conversion, but what I was wondering if it's possible to have a EG hatch with a JDM right hand drive lude front clip and if so does anyone know of a good shop in either Phoenix/surrounding areas or southern cali?? I think it would be a sick setup if it's possible, I've heard of this before just it was an USDM integra with a JDM type r front clip and it's soposed to not be such a good idea.

You'd need to use a Civic firewall for the RHD conversion, as I'm pretty sure the size is bigger on the 'lude and it wouldn't fit, and all the driveline/steering components, as well as the brake/clutch lines/parts and everything else on the firewall. Then you could go on with TRYING to graph the 'lude front end on it.

why in gods name does everyone want to bolt a clip on lately?

#1- why?
#2 - if you want an h22, swap in an h22.
#3 - 98% of clips come with shity fucked up body panels. a clip is designed so you get EVERYTHING in the swap- not the body work.
#4 - body conversions are skirt and bumoper kits mostly, and do not cut out the stock chassis metal.
#5 - if you do cut and weld this front end on- your car will brake in half when you go over a big bumo some day.
#6 - why?
#7 - why?

if you like preludes- buy a freakin prelude.

:withstupid:

ive seen the prelude lights on a civic before.... it looks like total shit

i was just thinking about it because i can get the front clip for $2000, but from what i hear everywhere now its a bad idea. thanks!! ohh one more thing i'm confused i thought a stroker kit is bad for turbo???

Originally posted by B18C1THatch@Feb 12 2004, 09:29 PM
i was just thinking about it because i can get the front clip for $2000, but from what i hear everywhere now its a bad idea. thanks!! ohh one more thing i'm confused i thought a stroker kit is bad for turbo???

Not nescessarily.

The fifth gen hatch is the pinnacle of Honda styling and represents perfection! WHY!?!?!?!?! the fuck would you want to ruin that?

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 12 2004, 03:12 PM
The fifth gen hatch is the pinnacle of Honda styling and represents perfection! WHY!?!?!?!?! the fuck would you want to ruin that?

I don't know about that, and I own one, I think a 5th gen hatch with a 99-00 si front end would be the pinnacle of honda styling and design...

If you can get a JDM front clip for 2000 you should buy an EG and swap the H22 in, you'd be plenty happy with that, and wouldn't need any fancy face lift.

damn next thing we'll hear about people wanting to do is a hummer front end conversion on a eg.....

Originally posted by mwvnos@Feb 12 2004, 06:55 PM
damn next thing we'll hear about people wanting to do is a hummer front end conversion on a eg.....

y0! dAt sHiT bE mAdD tiTe y0!!!!1!

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 12 2004, 05:12 PM

:werd:

I don't think a hummer front end would look that good on a civic. It just seems like the car would be a little off. I'd stay away from that.

:spin:

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 12 2004, 05:12 PM
The fifth gen hatch is the pinnacle of Honda styling and represents perfection!

so cars like the NSX, S2000 what are those just ok styling???

not a fan of the NSX.... its a hot car dont get me wrong .... but it is in need of a MAJOR restyling
the thing is looking VERY dated (yes even with the new lights)
it really hasne changed at all in the 10+ years its been around

That wouyld look uber gay. Lines don't match and the front would be way too fucking long. Even hatches look a little bit weird with integra conversion.

Back