eg31.4 b16a2 swap.help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lyle123

im currenly converting my 1.4 eg3 to b16a2 and need help with wiring,:confused: what do i need to buy to make it run?i have ecu.can i use the standard 1.4 loom?or do i need b16 loom?also will the b16 engine mounts match the factory 1.4 mounts or do i need to move??
any help will b appreiciated.

You can use that stock engine harness but your car is OBD1 and the motor is OBD2. If you use the stock harness....you need to get a B16 OBD1 distributor, alternator, and injectors. You will still need to run VTEC to the ECU (which should be OBD1 IMO)

Or you can run an OBD2 Integra GSR engine harness (OBD2 civics are one piece harnesses so they aren't a good option) no need to switch the dizzy, alt and injectors if you go this route. But still need to run VTEC and get an OBD1 ECU

Do more research. Too much information is already available.

eg b16 swap

so i can use the stock harness if i wire up the vtec,so how could i wire up the vtec?is it a hard job? i have the full del sol sir engine gearbox wiring,ecu which i thnk is a p28,0bd2? all still standard injectors altanator etc.also i have del sol engine mouns,can i use them or will i need to replace them?? this is my first swap and realy need help:confused::confused:

thanks for the help;);)

Make sure you have an OBD1 or OBD2 motor.....then I can lead you in the right direction.
Are you SURE its a B16A2??
And what is the numbers on the ECU?
You are putting it in a 92-95 Civic???
Do you have a recycler/junkyard place around you??

Re-read my first post. I said you could use your harness if you ALSO replaced the Distributor/Alternator/Injectors to OBD1 as well......re-read

eg3 b16

the ecu i have is a p30,could i not just buy 1 of the jumper harnesses and use the 0bd2 ecu??is there any way i can have it running withowt buying new injectors etc?? im on a tight budget so wat way do u think wld b the cheapest??
cheers,lyle:mellow:

Is the motor OBD2 for sure? Does it have a harness on it now? That can help a lot in terms of money spending. (refer to my first post)

You are better off running a OBD1 ECU (P30 or other OBD1 with a burnt chip for a B16)

eg3 b16

the ecu i have is a p30.does that mean it is obd1 engine.the motor does have i loom,i have plugged 2 in on either side and have 3 that dont plug into anything??could tel me how to sort this out?:confused::confused:
cheers

P30 can be OBD2 as well......best way to tell is it either plugs into the car or not. Is the motor you are putting in RHD? Is your car RHD? RHD harnesses are different then LHD (I learned this the hard way with my JDM swap)

Back